ics import limit?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
onnuh

ics import limit?

Post by onnuh »

I am trying to import a Google calendar ics to our lds.org calendar. In the import box after uploading the ics, all events appear, but only the first 50 or so events are populated into the LDS calendar. Even when I just select the last events to import, they still won't show up. Is there a limit set for the number of events that can be imported? If so, is there any work around? I have a lot of events on our Google calendar, and I don't want to have to manually recreate them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: ics import limit?

Post by russellhltn »

onnuh wrote:Is there a limit set for the number of events that can be imported?
Not that I know of. You might try editing the ICS file to take out the first 50 and see what happens. Maybe there's a "poison event" that kills the rest of the file.

Keep in mind that the imported file will not have locations. If your ward/stake is using the calendar to book the building, you'll still end up editing all of the events to use the building.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
onnuh

Post by onnuh »

I've been messing around with the ics file today, and it looks like the system won't accept recurrence code (ie. "RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;BYDAY=4SU"). Is that the case?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

onnuh wrote:I've been messing around with the ics file today, and it looks like the system won't accept recurrence code (ie. "RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;BYDAY=4SU"). Is that the case?
It wouldn't surprised me if some iCal commands weren't implemented, but I've never seen a technical manual for the import. It's just there.

I think the iCal import was created primarily to allow transferring events from the old LUWS to the new system - not as a fully featured tool.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The LDS.org calendar does have a limit, when you are creating an event, for how long the recurring event goes on. I think the limit is two years, and you can't do indefinite reoccurrence. Maybe this is what you're running into?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Calendar”