Removing a Hold from Membership Records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
harmonta

Removing a Hold from Membership Records

Post by harmonta »

We have a member who moved out of our ward one year ago, but we placed a "hold" on the records during the time of his/her move in order to take care of necessary items for this member. Now, months later, we cannot figure out how to remove the hold we placed on these records. We followed the suggested protocol on this site for sending out records, but the hold cannot be removed. Both The clerk and the bishop have attempted to remove the hold under their respective lds.org accounts.

Does anyone know how to remove the hold?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Removing a Hold from Membership Records

Post by lajackson »

harmonta wrote:Both The clerk and the bishop have attempted to remove the hold under their respective lds.org accounts.

Does anyone know how to remove the hold?
The last time I removed a hold (many, many years ago) it required a phone call to the Membership Department. I would expect by now that you might be able to do it without the phone call. Since it appears you cannot remove the hold online through LDS.org I would suggest you try using MLS itself.

If you cannot remove it there, your only other options are to send an MLS message requesting that the hold be removed, or to call Membership as was required in the past.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Removing a Hold from Membership Records

Post by jonesrk »

I believe you can remove the hold from LCR if the ward initiated the hold.

Return to “Membership Help”