Webcast Communicator Sync Issues

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
cgswvc

Webcast Communicator Sync Issues

Post by cgswvc »

I have been looking at posts and have seen some very similar topics but we had something slightly different happen with a webcast at our stake conference with Elder Holland as our guest General Authority.
We lost audio and video to our remote meeting house four times with about a four minute recovery each time. Many upset members... What would happen is the Internet led on the communicator box would go red, then back to green then the error led would come on. The error message "link failure:press✔️ to restart". The restart would take four minutes before the box restarted and we had data back to the other building. It seems the webcast communicator is very sensitive to an upload interruption.
Has anyone else had this issue and if so were you able to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.
cgswvc

Re: Webcast Communicator Sync Issues

Post by cgswvc »

I will add a bit more detail:
Started at high quality but after second hit dropped to low.
We have 32 Mb/sec download and 9 Mb/sec upload at the stake center
Our receiving building has ~16 Mb/sec download and 5 Mb/sec upload
I ran a two hour test a few days after conference and had no errors but I wasn't downloading at the other building just using a hand held in the stake center. It was not a link drop as my test I had a switch between the webcast communicator and our wall Internet jack. I duplicated the problem by pulling the wall cable and reinstalling as quick as I could. Maybe 1/2 sec or less drop.

Chris
rpyne

Re: Webcast Communicator Sync Issues

Post by rpyne »

I'm glad we were not alone. During our stake conference this weekend, we had three link failures yesterday and five today. Bandwidth should not have been an issue as we have gigabit fiber service in all of our buildings in the stake.

We have done this several times in the past when we only had 100 megabit fiber without having link failures.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”