Suggestion: Give Stake Exec. S access to Missionary Info

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
wendyhickman

Suggestion: Give Stake Exec. S access to Missionary Info

Post by wendyhickman »

I am making this suggestion on behalf of my husband who is the Stake Executive Secretary. He, of course, makes all of the appointments for the Stake President including those for incoming and outgoing missionaries (sending in papers, temple ordinances, setting-apart, and releases). He needs to anticipate the missionaries' progress (date to enter MTC, date released) in order to set up these appointments in a timely manner. However, he doesn't not have access in the system to any of the dates relevant to the missionaries. In order to determine which missionaries are leaving/coming and when, he has to access the information through the Stake Clerk. We currently have 80+ missionaries serving from our stake, which means this information is constantly needed. It would be extremely helpful if the system were modified to give the Stake Executive Secretary access to the missionary progress dates.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Suggestion: Give Stake Exec. S access to Missionary Info

Post by russellhltn »

Your best bet is to send this via the "Feedback" link found on the main lds.org page. I don't think this is a developer decision but a policy decision - something above the pay grade of anyone who visits here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wendyhickman

Post by wendyhickman »

Thanks. I'll do that.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wendyhickman wrote:It would be extremely helpful if the system were modified to give the Stake Executive Secretary access to the missionary progress dates.
No modification to the system is necessary. At the stake level, the Missionary Online Recommendation System automatically grants access to the stake president. All others obtain access when the stake president specifically grants them access. So the Stake Executive Secretary can already be given access to the system; he just needs the stake president to set him up. Perhaps the stake president didn't know this was possible, since the option he uses to grant access refers to "Clerk Access". But the executive secretary can be designated there. Our stake's executive secretary uses the online missionary system all the time.
wendyhickman

Post by wendyhickman »

My husband has been serving for 7 years and with two stake presidents. Obviously you are correct that no one knew that this could happen. The current stake president has only been serving a short time. How could this process of granting access be explained to him?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wendyhickman wrote:My husband has been serving for 7 years and with two stake presidents. Obviously you are correct that no one knew that this could happen. The current stake president has only been serving a short time. How could this process of granting access be explained to him?
Anyone who's moderately computer literate could sit down with him and show him the option (I believe it's on the left side, near the bottom) for granting access. Or he's welcome to call the Global Service Center at 855-LDS-HELP and they'll be happy to walk him through the process. But I wouldn't be surprised if he could figure it out himself once someone tells him that it is possible.
wendyhickman

Post by wendyhickman »

Thank you. This is extremely helpful!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Missionary Online Recommendation System
Add or Remove Clerk Access
You may give a clerk or another stake member the ability to enter a recommendation, print forms, or complete items on the recommendation checklist. Stake presidents should use a clerk to assist them in completing administrative tasks. It is up to each individual stake president to determine the system rights that he would like to grant his clerk or clerks. Following are the levels of access that can be assigned:
• General - This access level allows an individual to add, edit, or print recommendation forms. This level does not have access to the stake president's comments.
• Nonconfidential Comments - This level includes all of the rights described above but also allows access to the stake president's nonconfidential comments.
• Confidential Comments - This level includes all of the rights described above but also allows access to the stake president's confidential comments.
• Submission - This level includes all of the rights described above but also allows a clerk to cancel a missionary recommendation or submit it to the Missionary Department.

Please note that as a convenience to the stake president, submission rights have already been granted to the counselors in the stake presidency.

To grant access to a clerk, enter the clerk's record number and birth date; then click Next.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
wendyhickman

Post by wendyhickman »

My husband was able to do this by having the Stake President give him access. Knowing how has made his job a lot easier. Thanks to everyone for your help!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”