"Ward Leaders" groups have multiplied

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
aebrown
Community Administrator

"Ward Leaders" groups have multiplied

Post by aebrown »

I was just looking at the Ward Leaders section of the Directory for our ward, and found that there are many, many groups now (over 50 in all). Previously, we had just one "Young Men" group. Now we have several, including one for the presidency, one for the advisers, one for scouting callings, one for the Priests Quorum, one for the Teachers Quorum, and one for the Deacons Quorum. Other organizations have similarly been split into multiple groups, all with the same title.

I assume this is a result of the new suborganizations that scgallafent described in this post, but I haven't heard any mention that the Directory would be affected. I checked, and all the other wards in our stake have similar issues (but the stake organizations seem to be unscathed).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: "Ward Leaders" groups have multiplied

Post by russellhltn »

I'm seeing the same thing. To add to the confusion, each group has the same name ("Young Men"). And while some are grouped together, not all of them are. It makes it difficult to find the particular leader one is looking for.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I'm also seeing the same results!
mevans

Post by mevans »

I don't see that in our ward. It looks like there's a new CSS, but that's all the difference I see.
mevans

Post by mevans »

mevans wrote:I don't see that in our ward. It looks like there's a new CSS, but that's all the difference I see.
Well, after leaving the Directory and coming back just a minute later, I observe that the CSS is back to the original (which I like better) AND I see all the multiple organizations referenced by others.

This update may have also fixed the problem with photos that I was experiencing.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

This is tangentially related to the new suborganizations. The multiple instances that you're seeing now are the existing sub organizations. For example, I see two instances of "High Priests Group." One contains the high priests group leadership and one contains the instruction and home teaching district supervisors. If tap on "High Priests Group" in LDS Tools, I see "High Priests Group Leadership" and "Other Callings." I also see ten "Sunday School" entries: one for the presidency, one for each class, and one that contains the librarians (other callings).

You're not actually seeing the new sub orgs at this point, but you're seeing the result of a change in how the data is handled by an underlying service. That change is related to the larger group of changes that are happening. I talked to the directory developers and they are aware of it.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

aebrown wrote:I was just looking at the Ward Leaders section of the Directory for our ward, and found that there are many, many groups now (over 50 in all). Previously, we had just one "Young Men" group. Now we have several, including one for the presidency, one for the advisers, one for scouting callings, one for the Priests Quorum, one for the Teachers Quorum, and one for the Deacons Quorum. Other organizations have similarly been split into multiple groups, all with the same title.
If you compare the list with what you can see in LCR (on the callings by organization page) you will see that there is one group for each group that shows in LCR. So in my ward directory shows 2 High Priests Groups. The first is really the High Priests Group Leadership. They are just showing the name from the top level.
aebrown wrote: I assume this is a result of the new suborganizations that scgallafent described in this post, but I haven't heard any mention that the Directory would be affected. I checked, and all the other wards in our stake have similar issues (but the stake organizations seem to be unscathed).
The new suborganizations will come when CDOL releases (after MLS 3.7.4 is installed in most units).

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”