Events with "No Location" selected not visible to new units

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
NPAlemany

Events with "No Location" selected not visible to new units

Post by NPAlemany »

Hi,
Recieved a message today from a member in our newly acquired unit from another stake. An event that I can clearly see from my screen but which is not located in a church facility cannot be seen on this new unit member's calendar screen. Do you have any idea why that might be the case?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Events with "No Location" selected not visible to new un

Post by aebrown »

nancypalemany wrote:Hi,
Recieved a message today from a member in our newly acquired unit from another stake. An event that I can clearly see from my screen but which is not located in a church facility cannot be seen on this new unit member's calendar screen. Do you have any idea why that might be the case?
Is the event on a stake calendar? If it's on your ward's calendar, they wouldn't be able to see it.

If it is on a stake calendar, has the member subscribed to the calendar that contains the event in question? I'm not sure what happens to the subscriptions to stake calendars for members of wards added to the stake, but they might not be auto-subscribed to stake calendars.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Events with "No Location" selected not visible to new un

Post by russellhltn »

Since there is no standard for calendar names, there's no way to transfer subscriptions between units.

I'm not sure what happens in the case of stakes changing under users, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised but what the user option "Auto subscribe to new stake calendars" plays a role.

I agree with aebrown that the user needs to examine their stake subscriptions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”