Gospel Library for windows 8

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

mdbutikofer2

Gospel Library for windows 8

Post by mdbutikofer2 »

I just started using gospel library for window 8.1. I have to say I much prefer the gospel library for IOS 8. I am able to tag scriptures and references with key words, and keep a journal. Will you consider adding these features to the Windows edition?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library for windows 8

Post by jdlessley »

Please note that Gospel Library development for Windows has had a considerably later start by several years and they are working as hard as they can to get to parity with iOS and Android. Because Windows only got rolling in the spring of 2014 it will take some time to catch up. Just be patient. They are working on all these features. ToManyLetters may respond with some more specific information regarding their develpment efforts. You can get an idea of where the develpment is by reading other threads within this and other Windows mobile application forums.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Will you consider adding these features to the Windows edition?
Good news. There's no considering. They're coming. It's just taking us time to do it. We have bugs and features galore to work on, and we're working as fast as we can with as many volunteers as we can get our hands on. As jdlessley pointed out, we've gotten a very late start. The release version of our app only came out this last November.

Features available on iOS and Android will make their way to Windows as we’re able to work our way through them. The Windows application is a much younger application, but we’re doing all we can to include and improve upon features from the other Gospel Library applications.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
pzylik

Post by pzylik »

Glad to hear it's a work in progress. I got a Surface Pro 3 today and downloaded the Gospel Library app and was very disappointed to see the notebook function wasn't there. I know you guys are busy trying to accommodate every mobile OS out there, so thanks in advance! I know I could just access my notebook through lds.org on a browser but I prefer using the app. Looking forward to updates!
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Definitely a work in progress. The Windows team is its own team--a team made up entirely of volunteers. We've come a very long way in a very short time. Things are only to get more awesome.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”