Unable to rename existing calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RodBarnes

Unable to rename existing calendar

Post by RodBarnes »

[I searched and found one thread from 2012 about the "endless spinning wheel" when renaming, but that is not what I experience.]

I am trying to renamed a calendar. When I do so, it highlights the name and replies "Sorry, you must correct the highlighted areas before you can save.The name of the calendar is required to be unique."

NOTE: I am positive there are no other calendars by this name. The existing name is "Stake President interviews (private)" and I am just trying to remove the " (private)".
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to rename existing calendar

Post by russellhltn »

In the listing of calendars, did you check under "Deleted Calendars"?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RodBarnes

Post by RodBarnes »

russellhltn wrote:In the listing of calendars, did you check under "Deleted Calendars"?
Good thought, but there are no deleted calendars.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I wonder if the parentheses is doing something funny. Try renaming it to something else (that doesn't include any parentheses) and then renaming it to what you want.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RodBarnes

Post by RodBarnes »

russellhltn wrote:I wonder if the parentheses is doing something funny. Try renaming it to something else (that doesn't include any parentheses) and then renaming it to what you want.
Tried that, too. :( I tried to change it to just "XX" but got the same error.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Were you able to rename other calendars?

RodBarnes

Post by RodBarnes »

russellhltn wrote:Were you able to rename other calendars?
Other calendars are fine to rename, it is only this one that fails. And I was successful creating a new calendar named "test (test)", renaming it to "test (test)x", back to "test (test)" and then deleting it.

There is just something about this one calendar that it just doesn't like the name. Or something...

Now, the question is: How do I resolve this?
dkwong

Post by dkwong »

Does anybody know how to get this working? I have the same issue where I try to add a new permission (by calling) and get this error message when I try to save. It also doesn't matter what I try to rename the calendar to.

Return to “Calendar”