Year end errors

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
allenjpl

Year end errors

Post by allenjpl »

After closing out the year, we've been unable to access certain functions - enter expenses, donations, finance reports, etc. Ive done several send/receives with no success. Anyone else having this problem?
tomjensen581

Re: Year end errors

Post by tomjensen581 »

How do you close out the year? I can't do anything either but it's because I'm getting a message indicating that the fiscal year needs to be closed, go to urgent tasks (not even sure where that is either). I didn't run into this last year at all.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

tomjensen581 wrote:How do you close out the year? I can't do anything either but it's because I'm getting a message indicating that the fiscal year needs to be closed, go to urgent tasks (not even sure where that is either).
On the main screen in the first box (the one with the name of your ward), click on the Urgent Tasks link. Then click on "Fiscal year needs to be closed". That's it.
tomjensen581 wrote: I didn't run into this last year at all.
Someone else must have done it because it has to be done at the beginning of each year.
evan9395

Post by evan9395 »

I am new to this calling and am getting the same error messages. I have not done anything to close out the fiscal year as this post indicates but am not being prompted to do so in my urgent tasks. Any ideas on how I can proceed to close out the fiscal year?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

evan9395 wrote:I am new to this calling and am getting the same error messages. I have not done anything to close out the fiscal year as this post indicates but am not being prompted to do so in my urgent tasks. Any ideas on how I can proceed to close out the fiscal year?
What error message are you getting? The message that you need to close out the year?

If you're getting that message and you don't have the link to close the year on your urgent tasks then you're probably going to have to call local unit support and see if they can see why or if they can re-enable the link. I don't know of any other way to close out the year. It isn't on the menu anywhere.
evan9395

Post by evan9395 »

eblood66 wrote:
evan9395 wrote:I am new to this calling and am getting the same error messages. I have not done anything to close out the fiscal year as this post indicates but am not being prompted to do so in my urgent tasks. Any ideas on how I can proceed to close out the fiscal year?
What error message are you getting? The message that you need to close out the year?

If you're getting that message and you don't have the link to close the year on your urgent tasks then you're probably going to have to call local unit support and see if they can see why or if they can re-enable the link. I don't know of any other way to close out the year. It isn't on the menu anywhere.
The error message just says "an error occurred" whenever I try to open anything related to financial information. I have never received anything telling me I need to close out my fiscal year. I just assumed that maybe that was the problem when I started reading this thread.

My next question would be who do I call for local unit support? Where do I find said phone number?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

evan9395 wrote:My next question would be who do I call for local unit support? Where do I find said phone number?
See the Help Center page for the Global Service Center.
plfroc

Post by plfroc »

How do we enter tithing for the members who pay their entire tithing at the end of the year but we recieve the cheque in Janury 2015?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

plfroc wrote:How do we enter tithing for the members who pay their entire tithing at the end of the year but we recieve the cheque in Janury 2015?
See Year-end donations. Note the rules for doing so. This is an area of tax law the bishop or stake president can't wave.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Another link to follow with essentially the same information but in the LDS.org Help Center is Prior Year Donations.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”