Quarterly Report Prospective Elder Line 5

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
Machtyn

Quarterly Report Prospective Elder Line 5

Post by Machtyn »

I was just informed that our Quarterly Report for Q3 2014 had an incorrect number for the "5 Prospective elders advanced to the Melchizedek Priesthood". The report shows 0, but we had 3 members ordained to an Elder on Sep 21, 2014. That number remains 0 for the Q4 report.

The context help states the number comes from Church Headquarters. Does this mean they haven't received some paperwork? Do I need to call them or talk to the local Stake Presidency to figure this out?

Thanks.
drepouille

Re: Quarterly Report Prospective Elder Line 5

Post by drepouille »

Interesting question. Both the stake clerk and the ward clerk should maintain a file copy of each Melchizedek Priesthood Recommendation form (according to the instructions printed on the form) for use with membership audits and such. You should be able to verify when each ordination was recorded.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are those 5 new Elders still in your ward at the end of the quarter? That may be where the error comes from.

If they've moved out, was someone able to record the ordination into MLS before they moved out? Was it even recorded at all, or did everyone think that was someone else's job?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The first step in these situations is to look at the detail underneath the numbers. In this case, you would click on the number in the "Potential" column. That will give you a list of every member included in that category and you can begin there to determine why data appears as it does.

I'm going to go out on a limb with this one and suggest that the reason they aren't listed as having been advanced this quarter is because September 21, 2014, was in the third quarter and not the fourth quarter.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb with this one and suggest that the reason they aren't listed as having been advanced this quarter is because September 21, 2014, was in the third quarter and not the fourth quarter.
If I understand the OP correctly, it was zero for Q3 and Q4. (Since it's not a cumulative number, the fact that Q4 is zero is not a surprise, but it does raise questions about Q3.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Machtyn

Post by Machtyn »

They have not moved out and still actively attend.

Return to “Reports and Forms”