How to print entire year donations from two different units

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
romdos

How to print entire year donations from two different units

Post by romdos »

A family moved into our ward in the middle of the year and he would like his entire year tithing donations printed out but I can only access the amounts that were donated since he moved into the ward. How can I print out the donations for the entire year?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: How to print entire year donations from two different un

Post by jdlessley »

romdos wrote:A family moved into our ward in the middle of the year and he would like his entire year tithing donations printed out but I can only access the amounts that were donated since he moved into the ward. How can I print out the donations for the entire year?
You can't. To get the donations for the other ward the member will have to contact that ward's clerk to get the donations statement made to that ward. But if the member waits for a week or two there will be a tax valid statement PDF file from Church HQ in your MLS that will have the statements for all members currently in your ward who have contributed to more than one unit in 2014.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
chad.stewart

Post by chad.stewart »

Where in MLS to I find these .pdfs?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

chad.stewart wrote:Where in MLS to I find these .pdfs?
Go to Finance > Finance Statement on the menu. I generally click on the Date column header to sort it from newest to oldest (you may have to click twice to get it newest to oldest rather than oldest to newest). If you've received your statements they should be one of the newest entries.
smaxfield

Post by smaxfield »

Is this Tax valid statement solution true for members of wards that were dissolved during 2014 and they became members of a different ward? Does this need to be requested or is it automatic? Thank you!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

smaxfield wrote:Is this Tax valid statement solution true for members of wards that were dissolved during 2014 and they became members of a different ward? Does this need to be requested or is it automatic? Thank you!
If a member donated to two different wards during the year with different unit numbers, you should receive the combined tax statement from Church Headquarters automatically.

In the case you describe, even though the ward was dissolved, you should still receive the tax statements without needing to request them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:If a member donated to two different wards during the year with different unit numbers, you should receive the combined tax statement from Church Headquarters automatically.
Operative word: "should". Unless something has changed, the stake is responsible for producing any needed paperwork from the dissolved ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:If a member donated to two different wards during the year with different unit numbers, you should receive the combined tax statement from Church Headquarters automatically.
Operative word: "should". Unless something has changed, the stake is responsible for producing any needed paperwork from the dissolved ward.
In this case, the "should" is pretty much a certainty. As long as the donations were associated with the member (meaning the donor records were connected to the correct membership number), and that member donated to more than one unit during 2014, then a combined tax statement will be generated and transmitted to the current ward of the member.

It doesn't really matter what the stake may have done with paperwork from the dissolved ward for this particular question.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Operative word: "should". Unless something has changed, the stake is responsible for producing any needed paperwork from the dissolved ward.
And because of that, the first thing I would do when the pdf file shows up in MLS is a sample check to see if one or two members you know contributed in the dissolved unit and in the current unit are included.

As russellhltn points out, if the member has to go back to someone for information from the dissolved unit, the parent stake of that unit is responsible for providing it.

Which is why I would keep my fingers crossed that the pdf file will show up with everyone included.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:As long as the donations were associated with the member (meaning the donor records were connected to the correct membership number),
That's a fair-sized "if". Maybe not all donations where recorded properly in the old ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”