Stake Calendar Time questions

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
keithbnelson

Stake Calendar Time questions

Post by keithbnelson »

I am a Stake Executive Secretary. I was referred to this website. I'm a new to this. I have a problem and need to ask some questions. I don't know if I am asking my question in the right place. Here goes. I'll give the short version. I have prepared our stake calendar for 2015 and carefully entered all of the events and meetings for the stake throughout the year. Last week I noticed that every meetings start time was 1 hour off (from what I originally entered them) I went through and manually changed each meeting or activity to the correct time week by week month by month. Within an hour I checked and all of them had reverted or changed back to the wrong times again. I'm baffled. I don't know what to do. I checked the time zone for building schedulers and it was correct. I'm looking to see if there is a daylight savings time check somewhere. Can anyone help me? Here is my contact information keithnelson57@gmail.com or 208-251-8443
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: stake Calendar questions

Post by russellhltn »

[Moderator note: Since this is a different question, I split it off into it's own thread.]
keithbnelson wrote:Last week I noticed that every meetings start time was 1 hour off (from what I originally entered them) I went through and manually changed each meeting or activity to the correct time week by week month by month. Within an hour I checked and all of them had reverted or changed back to the wrong times again.
The calendar adjusts to the time zone as reported by the computer viewing it. This can be a problem for a mobile device since that's typically set by the cell/data provider. It might be wrong, it might be you're too close to a border line. Or perhaps the computer you're using has the wrong time zone (even if the local time is correct).

Edit: try this site to see what your browser is reporting.

It's important that you have your time set accurately as it will affect everyone using the calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”