Bug allowing conflicting events to schedule

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
darnesen

Bug allowing conflicting events to schedule

Post by darnesen »

I got a call saying my basketball practice was overlapping with stake baptisms. Indeed it was.

I was able to reproduce the problem as follows:
1. Attempt to schedule stake center with resources East Cultural Hall an West Cultural Hall. Make this a repeating event for several Saturdays. This fails due to one or more conflicts (Stake Baptisms and Stake Conference)
2 . On failure change location to South Building with resource Cultural Hall. This succeeds but inspection of month view calendar and individual events shows that only about half were in South building. There rest were still in Stake Center.
3. See event with "Cultural Hall", "East Cultural Hall" and "West Cultural Hall" The stake center only has East and West. The south building is not divided.

Also repeated as follows:
1. Attempt to schedule stake center with resources East Cultural Hall an West Cultural Hall and Serving Area. This fails because 5th ward has Serving Area
2 . On failure change location to South Building with resource Cultural Hall and Serving Area. This succeeds but that is OK because there is no conflict in that building.
3. Select event again and update back to Stake Center (Strange that it knows my old selections: East Cultural Hall, West Cultural Hall, and Serving area. Change succeed event though there is a conflict in the serving area.
4. Resulting appointment shows a "Cultural Hall" even though there is no resource with that exact name in the stake center.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Bug allowing conflicting events to schedule

Post by russellhltn »

On the off chance this is browser specific, what browser are you using?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Lighter

Post by Lighter »

Similar problem the other way.... In a multi ward building A ward has scheduled the entire building for a day as agreed and planned by leadership

Fine, but then another Ward wants to schedule clean up duties in the morning of the other wards fully reserved day.... to do so it is possible by treating the cleanup activity as a different offsite location but still announce it on the calendar system as being at the church building.....

But this workaround wont be understood by all..... something to consider for future block scheduling.....
darnesen

Post by darnesen »

My Browser is Internet Explorer 11

Return to “Calendar”