Easier way?

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
Sister_Sarah

Easier way?

Post by Sister_Sarah »

Is there an easier way to navigate the book of mormon site? biblegateway.com is so easy to navigate.
Sister Sarah
In other words, just as it was through one offence that all people came under condemnation, so also it is through one righteous act that all people come to be considered righteous. - Romans 5:18
lmcguire

Re: Easier way?

Post by lmcguire »

Sarah,

Welcome to the forums!

What Book of Mormon site do you mean? LDS.org (navigating to scriptures and the Book of Mormon), or...? (I gritted my teeth (fearing the worst) and tried bookofmormon.com, and I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean, since it redirects to a page on another site; also tried bookofmormon.org, and that can't be it either.)

What is it about BibleGateway.com that you like better (specifically)? (I'd never been to BibleGateway.com before, so I went and looked around briefly and there was nothing there that seemed easier than the scripture pages on LDS.org, so I'm thinking we'll need examples or details before we can comment on the difference.)

And please confirm that it's the websites you're talking about rather than apps (or, if apps, clarify that).

Liz
Sister_Sarah

Post by Sister_Sarah »

Hi Liz and thank you..

First, I like how I can put in keywords to find what I think I'm looking for at Biblegateway. I can go to any part of the Bible, look up studies, etc. It's just so user friendly. I went to look up something in the Book of Mormon and I must have input it wrong because it couldn't find it. Now I can't remember how I managed to make it work. Okay...now it works. Just did a keyword search. Technology. Sheesh. Anyway...this is what happens when you don't write down what you did so you can ask for help. Here's where I went: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/search?l ... en&x=0&y=0. Not that it matters now. Made it work.
Sister Sarah
In other words, just as it was through one offence that all people came under condemnation, so also it is through one righteous act that all people come to be considered righteous. - Romans 5:18
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

Sarah,

Sounds like you figured out the search tool. I have noticed that sometimes it's tricky to figure out the term to use. And sometimes it's easier to use google - in the search field, if you put this:

site:lds.org/scriptures?lang=eng

or

site:lds.org/scriptures/bofm?lang=eng

...(the first for all the scriptures / study aids, the second for just the Book of Mormon), then a space and your search criteria, it will limit the search to just that part of LDS.org, and you have the full power of google's search engine.

FWIW,

Liz
Sister_Sarah

Post by Sister_Sarah »

Awesome. Thanks!
Sister Sarah

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”