"move records out" no longer shows new ward suggestions

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sasgrw

"move records out" no longer shows new ward suggestions

Post by sasgrw »

When moving records out, after filling in the new address information and clicking 'continue', the "Unit Where the Record(s) Are Moving" used to have the new ward filled in. If I clicked on that field, a dropdown list of other possible wards (such as a YSA ward) shows up. Recently, that changed so the new ward field is blank and I have to type it in myself. I have to go to maps.lds.org, type in the address to get a ward suggestion, then go back and fill that in.

I tried this on firefox, chrome, and internet explorer. All have the same behavior.

Was this change on purpose?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: "move records out" no longer shows new ward suggestions

Post by jdlessley »

I still get the recommended unit and the dropdown of other units servicing that address.

Perhaps the address is not recognized. Did you check it in the USPS.com site?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

I did not check the post office site but when I type the address in maps.lds.org, it shows me the house on a map and the suggested ward. When I type the address to move the records, I get the "suggested address" with the zip+4. I don't know if internally the app is using the usps to verify the address and get the specific zip. It used to work all the time. Now, the last 2 or 3 records I've sent haven't worked.
cbweatherman

Post by cbweatherman »

I had a similar issue about a week ago with a record I sent out using Chrome at the church building. The new address was an apartment, and I went with the "suggested address", but it still did not provide a list of possible units. I had to do the same thing as sasgrw did and use LDS Maps to find the correct ward.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”