Field level permissions; prospective elders list for HPGL

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
aclawson

Field level permissions; prospective elders list for HPGL

Post by aclawson »

The HPGL would like to be able to access a list of prospective elders.

Within MLS they (somebody) created a custom list defined as

Sex IS male
Age >= 18
Priesthood IS NOT Melchizedek

When the HPGL is logged into MLS however they get an access denied message, presumably because one or more of those fields is calling-limited to something other than HPGL.

Mission specific question: is there a way for the HPGL to see a list of prospective elders on demand or it just something that he will have to ask somebody else to generate for him?

Generic question: which callings have access to which fields within MLS?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Field level permissions; prospective elders list for HPG

Post by jonesrk »

I know Age is one of the the problem fields, but when I was doing the reports it seemed like it was the output fields that mattered. I don't remember if I ever tried to share a report with age as the criteria.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Field level permissions; prospective elders list for HPG

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:I know Age is one of the the problem fields, but when I was doing the reports it seemed like it was the output fields that mattered. I don't remember if I ever tried to share a report with age as the criteria.
Priesthood/Priesthood Office seems to be a problem as well. However, if I limit the results to the Preferred Name, it runs with just Org rights in my test install. So I think that's worth a try.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Reports and Forms”