Ordering Deposit Slips

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
Laronius

Ordering Deposit Slips

Post by Laronius »

I was needing to find out how to order additional deposit slips. On the LDS Store website I can find the deposit bags but I don't see the slips anywhere. Do these have to be ordered from the bank?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

laronius wrote:I was needing to find out how to order additional deposit slips. On the LDS Store website I can find the deposit bags but I don't see the slips anywhere. Do these have to be ordered from the bank?
No, you don't order them from the bank, at least not if you're on Deposit Concentration (where you don't actually have an account for your unit at the bank where you make your deposits), which most units in the US are on. Call Local Unit Support. There's a specific option in the voice menu for getting new deposit slips.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
drepouille

Re: Ordering Deposit Slips

Post by drepouille »

A ward clerk just called me (as I was driving home) to ask how to order deposit slips. I told him he could call the previous stake clerk, but I would look up the answer when I got home. When I found the above answer (to call Local Unit Support), I called the clerk back. He said he had already called the bank and ordered new deposit slips. Let's hope it works out for him. I did tell him to call Local Unit Support, and he said, "Oh ...."
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:He said he had already called the bank and ordered new deposit slips.
The bank cannot give him the deposit slips he needs. Local Unit Support will help him get them from Church Finance.
kurtzachary

Post by kurtzachary »

Actually I hadn't ordered them from the bank yet drepouille but I have done so in the past and the bank was able to get the deposit slips. So the statement that the banks can't get them is false. It took the bank quite a while to get them however which is why I was looking for a better way to get them.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kurtzachary wrote:Actually I hadn't ordered them from the bank yet drepouille but I have done so in the past and the bank was able to get the deposit slips. So the statement that the banks can't get them is false. It took the bank quite a while to get them however which is why I was looking for a better way to get them.
It depends on how you make your deposits. If you use what is called "Deposit Concentration" then indeed you can only get the correct deposit slips from CHQ. I don't know where you are located, but I thought that pretty much all of the United States is now using deposit concentration. In such a case, your unit won't actually have an account at your local bank, but rather you will use a special deposit slip that allows the funds to be deposited at your local bank in a way that the Church can pull the funds (typically the next day). No funds remain on deposit at the local bank.

If by chance you are one of those rare units that still uses the old technique of establishing an account at the local bank, then you would still get your deposit slips through your local bank.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I really don't know which method the units in my stake use. I do know that some of them drop off their deposits at a local bank, and other units put the deposits into a mailer envelope and drop it into the PO drop box.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Jonathan.Monson

Post by Jonathan.Monson »

So I just ordered the deposit slips. I called the customer service at store.lds.org and they transferred me to the finance department and I was able to order them in less than 2 minutes. I asked them if there is another way of doing it, and she said you can reorder them through the MLS system. (I am not sure how but they say it can be done.) I think I am just going to call the get transferred every time. Literally the whole time took under 5 min. Very simple and very easy. If only they had documentation on how to do this that was easily accessible.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Jonathan.Monson wrote:I asked them if there is another way of doing it, and she said you can reorder them through the MLS system. (I am not sure how but they say it can be done.)
Send a message to addressee "Finance" with subject "bank deposit slips".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mskroski

Post by mskroski »

call 800-537-5971 to order. They can handle the Bishop's tithing envelopes, and they will transfer you to another department if you need the bank deposit slips and/or the plastic bags for the night drop box at the bank. envelopes take 2-3 weeks and the bank supplies 7-10 days. There is no real easier way.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”