Cannot enter Admin mode

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
SirGerald

Cannot enter Admin mode

Post by SirGerald »

I'm a ward clerk and can no longer enter Admin to manage categories for our newsletter. I can see the current newsletter articles just fine. Every time I click on the "Admin" link, I get the message that an error has occurred and I should return to the homepage. It happens consistently for me with two separate browsers.

At this point I cannot post our next edition of our newsletter because I create a new category for each month.

Edit: I just looked at my post and the "badge?" under my name says "New Member". I'm the ward clerk. Is that the problem?
eblood66

Re: Cannot enter Admin mode

Post by eblood66 »

SirGerald wrote:Edit: I just looked at my post and the "badge?" under my name says "New Member". I'm the ward clerk. Is that the problem?
That's just an indicator of how often you have posted in the forum. It isn't related to your calling.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

SirGerald wrote:I'm a ward clerk and can no longer enter Admin to manage categories for our newsletter.
Known issue. I wouldn't expect it to get fixed until some time Monday Salt Lake time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

The problem is also discussed here. Based on that response, it might be a little longer before the problem is fixed.
jlnorton

Post by jlnorton »

the backing REST services are down. I have submitted the problem using the feedback link with no response. URL: https://www.lds.org/member-news/admin-rights?lang=eng 404 NOT FOUND

Code: Select all

Remote Address:23.203.225.116:443
Request URL:https://www.lds.org/member-news/admin-rights?lang=eng
Request Method:GET
Status Code:404 Not Found
Request Headersview source
Accept:*/*
Accept-Encoding:gzip, deflate, sdch
Accept-Language:en-US,en;q=0.8
Cache-Control:max-age=0
Connection:keep-alive
Host:www.lds.org
Referer:https://www.lds.org/member-news?lang=eng
User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.69 Safari/537.36
X-Requested-With:XMLHttpRequest
Query String Parametersview sourceview URL encoded
lang:eng
Response Headersview source
Cache-Control:no-cache
Connection:keep-alive
Content-Encoding:gzip
Content-Length:5992
Content-Type:text/html; charset=UTF-8
Date:Sun, 11 Jan 2015 22:34:38 GMT
Expires:0
Pragma:no-cache
Set-Cookie:SessionID=7519623cc97e4c42; path=/
Vary:Accept-Encoding
Name
Path
facebook.png
/services/platform/bc/global-platform
twitter.png
googleplus.png
pinterest.png
gospel-library.png
mormon-channel.png
admin-rights?lang=eng
/member-news
sign-in?callback=jQuery1710835000793915242_1421015679138&lang=eng&referer=%2F&format=jsonp&_=1421015679419
/services/platform/v2
41 requests ❘ 42.5 KB transferred
ConsoleSearchEmulationRendering

Preserve log
gdpsmp

Post by gdpsmp »

I am also having trouble getting into the admin function, getting an error message as mentioned here. Has anything been done to remedy this and is there an expected ETA on a resolution?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gdpsmp wrote:is there an expected ETA on a resolution?
None indicated.

No idea what the problem is. Clearly something more complex than restarting a server.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bharline

Post by bharline »

I am also getting the same error when trying to go into the administrator mode. However our Branch's site also defaults to Portuguese. I am hoping once the admin mode is fixed, I can change the default language. Everything else under my profile is in English except for this page.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bharline wrote:I am also getting the same error when trying to go into the administrator mode.
Seems to be fixed now.

bharline wrote:However our Branch's site also defaults to Portuguese.
Some kind of bug. But once it hits you're stuck with it until you clear out your cookies. I'd edit the url so that it ends in ?lang=eng

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:
bharline wrote:I am also getting the same error when trying to go into the administrator mode.
Seems to be fixed now.
Not for me.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Newsletter”