All Tools Down?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

All Tools Down?

Post by zaneclark »

I hope this is a very temporary thing, but all tools are down right now. I have tried different browsers and tablets, with same result.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: All Tools Down?

Post by russellhltn »

Seems to work for me. It may be a little slow being a Sunday.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

It's been spotty for me today. I think they might be having some server issues.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

We had problems around 11:30 AM Pacific Time yesterday. lds.org would come up, but you couldn't log in. You couldn't log in at Mormon.org, either. I tried logging in to tech.lds.org to see if anyone else was reporting problems, but that whole site wouldn't come up. Several people couldn't connect with LDS Tools, either.

I had just finished helping a member get his LDS Account straightened out. He was going to log in to see everything worked and he couldn't get in. Several of us tried various ways to get in and noting worked. Maybe I can take credit for crashing everything since I was in the middle of getting someone's LDS account fixed ;)
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

FamilySearch kept crashing on me on Sunday evening. It settled down after about 30 minutes of "Internal Server Error" messages in multiple languages.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

drepouille wrote:FamilySearch kept crashing on me on Sunday evening. It settled down after about 30 minutes of "Internal Server Error" messages in multiple languages.
For the most part, FamilySearch is on entirely different servers than LDS.org. FS does rely on the LDS.org authentication system, and there is some interaction with the membership system, but most problems that you might have seen with FamilySearch on Sunday were probably caused by heavy loads on Sunday and were unrelated to any issues with tools on LDS.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I tend to suspect heavy network loads. The forum went something like "page not found" on me a few times. I couldn't sync LDS Tools for a bit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

mevans

Post by mevans »

From my observation, the problems I experienced on Sunday seemed to be related to the LDS.org authentication system. This was way different than other problems I've experienced int he past. I guess I should have saved my error messages.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”