Missing names and images

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
JakeNel

Missing names and images

Post by JakeNel »

On my lds tools, both on a computer and phones and tablets, a single member is missing from the directory (who happens to be my home teaching companion). However, the name shows up in the clerk software, and other member's lds tools accounts have him in there as well. New members are showing up so I don't think it's a sync problem.

Additionally, (as the bishop has asked me to help members upload photos to their membership profile), some photos will show on phones and tablets, but not on computers, and vice versa. Can someone help me identify the problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missing names and images

Post by russellhltn »

JakeNel wrote:On my lds tools, both on a computer and phones and tablets, a single member is missing from the directory (who happens to be my home teaching companion). However, the name shows up in the clerk software, and other member's lds tools accounts have him in there as well. New members are showing up so I don't think it's a sync problem.
What is your calling? Members and households have privacy settings where they can disappear from LDS Tools for most members. But clerks and bishoprics can still see them.

JakeNel wrote:Additionally, (as the bishop has asked me to help members upload photos to their membership profile), some photos will show on phones and tablets, but not on computers, and vice versa. Can someone help me identify the problem?
Photos have to be approved before they display. For some reason, LDS Tools will show unapproved photos.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
donwetter

Post by donwetter »

I am having a similar issue with a missing member (Elders Quorum President) and family on the directory either on my PC or tablet. I am on the Stake High Council and need to see the members' information. Everyone else I have checked with can see his name.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

donwetter wrote:I am having a similar issue with a missing member (Elders Quorum President) and family on the directory either on my PC or tablet. I am on the Stake High Council and need to see the members' information. Everyone else I have checked with can see his name.
Who have you been checking with? The stake presidency, executive secretary, clerks and anyone in his ward will be able to see him if the privacy has been set to "ward".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lizetteander

Post by lizetteander »

we have a similar problem.
I am Relief Society President.
our Relief Society Meeting Coordinator, is not showing up under the directory on lds.org - her name nor her calling. (tools/directory/ ward leaders) https://www.lds.org/directory/?lang=eng#

even though she IS listed in the mls and in the section for leader and clerk resources on lds.org (tools/leader and clerk resources/organizations/relief society)
https://lds.org/mls/mbr/orgs/relief-society?lang=eng

As a result, she is not able to add events to the stake/ward calendar, even though the relief society calendar has the calling of "Relief Society Meeting Coordinator" listed with view and edit permissions. I tried to add her permission by name to the calendar, and her name does not exist there.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lizetteander wrote:we have a similar problem.
I am Relief Society President.
our Relief Society Meeting Coordinator, is not showing up under the directory on lds.org - her name nor her calling. (tools/directory/ ward leaders) https://www.lds.org/directory/?lang=eng#

even though she IS listed in the mls and in the section for leader and clerk resources on lds.org (tools/leader and clerk resources/organizations/relief society)
https://lds.org/mls/mbr/orgs/relief-society?lang=eng
That is all consistent with her privacy set to "private - leadership only". Yes, I know you're a RS president. You still can't see her in the directory. You'll have to use LCR or ask her to change her privacy settings.

lizetteander wrote:As a result, she is not able to add events to the stake/ward calendar, even though the relief society calendar has the calling of "Relief Society Meeting Coordinator" listed with view and edit permissions. I tried to add her permission by name to the calendar, and her name does not exist there.
The privacy settings prevents her name from appearing in the calendar. As for her calling, she's most likely set up in a custom position - which carries no rights and cannot be set up in the calendar "by calling". Work with the clerk to get her moved to a standard position. The easiest way is to use the Custom Position Review tool in MLS and clean up as many custom positions in the ward as is practical. That will solve the calendar edit issue.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”