Adding & Editing Locations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kummasuk

Adding & Editing Locations

Post by kummasuk »

I am a stake executive secretary. I am trying to edit and update locations and rooms and it simply will not let me make the change. Why not? I can not add any locations, so basically iwe aren't using it right now. People who add to stake and ward calendar simply state where their event is going to be. Would like to reserve locations, but it won't let me add or update locations?

Why?
T
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Adding & Editing Locations

Post by russellhltn »

What exactly is happening that you can't make changes?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kummasuk

Post by kummasuk »

I make the changes and additions I want to, but when I press "save", it doesn't save the updates.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Let's focus on rooms. Can you post cropped/reduced screen shots of what's happening?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kummasuk

Post by kummasuk »

No. Simply put, when I want to save my changes, it just won't save it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's working OK for me, so I don't think the system is down. Can anyone else in your stake make the changes? Like the stake clerk? By any chance do you have multiple callings? Some systems don't work well with multiple callings.

mbturner1

Post by mbturner1 »

I'm a Stake Clerk, and am also having trouble saving a 'location'. My Stake has 5 buildings listed when I click on the 'Locations and Rooms' link off the main calendar page. For three of the buildings in the list, I can click on edit and change the timezone, or the name of the building or the list of wards that attend in the building, and then save it and the screen goes back to showing the information, with the edit option displayed at the top. For the other 2 buildings, I click on 'edit' and make updates to the information, but when I click on 'save', it doesn't do the update and does NOT go back to the main screen with the new information being displayed, and where I can click on the 'edit' button again.

Any ideas why we cannot save a location?

Thanks,

Mark
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Any chance these buildings are shared with other stakes?

The other question - for most locations, the buildings would be coming from the FMAT database controlled by FM. Those buildings cannot be deleted. However, the stake can add buildings/locations. Those can be deleted. Does this correlate to the buildings you can and can not edit?

Return to “Calendar”