LDS Tech Talk

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
HBG-p40

LDS Tech Talk

Post by HBG-p40 »

Kudos to whomever put together the Tech Talk Seminar thing and set up this site. I look forward to more cool stuff here.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

The tech talk are Joel's idea. We look forward to next Tuesday night!
dwormell-p40

WOW

Post by dwormell-p40 »

Website is easy to use and I like the design. I like the Bio's, neat to read about the technology gurus of the Church. I am very excited to see future growth of this website. Nice to have a friendly enviorment to discuss Church and Technology.
joel

Post by joel »

We had a fantastic time last time! It was amazing to see the interest in technology at the Church. We knew there were some smart, committed people out there who were showing interest, but we were pleasantly surprised by the response!!

Thank you!! We'll do it again.
jmaxwilson

Excited for the next TechTalk

Post by jmaxwilson »

I plan to be at the upcoming tech talk in Provo on Tuesday and am very excited about it. From your experience with the previous session in SLC, is there anything that it would be especially good for me to bring?

Looking forward to it,

- J. Max Wilson
shoalcreek5

Post by shoalcreek5 »

jmaxwilson wrote:I plan to be at the upcoming tech talk in Provo on Tuesday and am very excited about it. From your experience with the previous session in SLC, is there anything that it would be especially good for me to bring?
Ditto that comment and question. I plan on being at the Tech Talk in Provo, as well. While I'm about to move further away from church headquarters (in April), I want to be a part of open-source projects that the church wants to sponsor.

Brice
jp78

Post by jp78 »

jmaxwilson wrote:is there anything that it would be especially good for me to bring?
Bring your own chair. :-)

Seriously, there were a lot of people there last night. More than they were expecting, I think.

Will the meeting in Utah County be in the same format as last night's? I would consider driving down to pick up some other sessions that I was interested in but wasn't able to attend.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Joel or someone may correct me if I am wrong but I believe that the format will be the exact same as last nights.

Tom
jmaxwilson

Post by jmaxwilson »

jlp wrote:Bring your own chair. :-)

Seriously, there were a lot of people there last night. More than they were expecting, I think.
Heh. I'll see if I can fit one in the back seat of the car. :) I wonder where I stored those old collapsible camping chairs... :)

Sounds like it will be fun. Hopefully I can meet a few of you there.
HansenBK

Meeting logistics

Post by HansenBK »

The format was supposed to stay the same, but I think the meeting location will be a little more capable of larger crowds and general flow of people. Since there isn't and RSVP mechanism it is a little hard to judge how big of a venue to book.

Please bear with us through these learning/growing pains. :)

Return to “Help with this forum”