I have a few problems I need help with

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
SamuelFerguson

I have a few problems I need help with

Post by SamuelFerguson »

On MLS a box has shown up that says "Sophos Endpoint Security and Control". It wants me to "Allow all hidden processes launched by TRC_BASE to access the network". I have no idea what that is. Should I allow this?

I was filling out the Branch Quarterly Report and I have a couple of problems. We have a new convert who is a Priest. His individual record shows him as a Priest, but in the Branch Quarterly Report it shows him as Unordained. How do I fix that? Another similar problem is with our Primary. We have 15 active Primary kids, but the Branch Quarterly Report only shows we have 12 Primary kids, so it doesn't even show all our kids. There are about 19 kids on the Primary rolls. Why does this happen and how can I fix it?

Thanks for the help here, I'm still pretty new to this job.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: I have a few problems I need help with

Post by scgallafent »

The detail on the quarterly report is calculated early on the morning of January 1. If the new convert's ordination wasn't recorded before January 1, the quarterly report will show him as unordained. There isn't anything you can do to change that, because that was the status of his membership record when the snapshot was taken. If he was ordained before January 1 but it wasn't recorded, he will still be listed as unordained as of the end of the quarter.

If you click on the "potential" number (12, in your case) for Primary, you can see which twelve children make up that total. Then you need to determine why the other seven children aren't listed. You can't change the count after the fact because it is based on the snapshot taken on January 1, but you can correct whatever data is incorrect so that it is correct for the next quarter.
SamuelFerguson

Post by SamuelFerguson »

Thank you. He was ordained several months ago and his individual record showed that prior to January 1. So is there anything else that would cause the difference?

Do you know whether or not I should allow the Sophos Security and Control Box?

Thanks again for the help.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

TRC_BASE appears to be a part of Tivoli Remote Control. I have never seen a request to allow Tivoli Remote Control to access the computer, but it seems like a low risk to me.

The big question is, who is trying access your computer using Tivoli Remote Control?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
SamuelFerguson

Post by SamuelFerguson »

Our internet was down for a couple of weeks. The Church sent an IT guy out to fix it over a week ago. This box was not on it last Sunday, but was on it last night. It wont go away when I click don't allow, so I have to move it to the bottom of the screen. Could this be related to the IT guy fixing the internet problem?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

If he was ordained and the ordination was recorded before January 1, I would double-check the data and then contact the service center regarding the incorrect baseline data on the quarterly report if it still appears to be correct.

I don't have a recommendation on the Sophos message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

SamuelFerguson wrote:Our internet was down for a couple of weeks. The Church sent an IT guy out to fix it over a week ago. This box was not on it last Sunday, but was on it last night. It wont go away when I click don't allow, so I have to move it to the bottom of the screen. Could this be related to the IT guy fixing the internet problem?
Maybe. I think I'd go that route - ask him to come back and fix that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SamuelFerguson

Post by SamuelFerguson »

Thanks to you all for the help. I'm fairly new to the Clerk assignment. We are in a rural county and our Stake building is about 60 miles from here, so I'm trying to figure things out without them having to send people here. I'll give the Stake Clerk a phone call tonight and see what he wants to do about that message. He may decide to send IT out again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just as a note - it's best to start a separate thread for each problem unless it's closely related. Otherwise the thread diverges into multiple topics and the title tends to be unhelpful for others with the same issue.
SamuelFerguson wrote:We have 15 active Primary kids, but the Branch Quarterly Report only shows we have 12 Primary kids, so it doesn't even show all our kids. There are about 19 kids on the Primary rolls. Why does this happen and how can I fix it?
There's a couple of things that may be in play here:
First, IIRC, an unbaptized child over the age of 8 no longer appears on the reports, even if they appear elsewhere.

MLS allows you to add non-member records and assign them to classes. But they will not appear on the reports - nor will they appear on-line anywhere.

There has been significant confusion about children's records. Simply because a child appears on the parent's record doesn't mean your have their record. That is strictly genealogical information. The child could be grown up and living in another ward or even deceased and they would still be listed on their parent's record.

Unless the child shows up in the list of Individual records, or shows up in the household, you do not have anything that would cause them to appear in reports or the rolls generated by the system. This tends to be an issue with children of families who have joined the church (since the mission office will note the children on the parent's records, but will not generate a record unless they are baptized). This could also be an issue with children blessed in a ward other than their home ward since the usual trigger for creating the record could have been missed.

I think as you research this, the problem will fall into one of those 3 categories: A child-of-record over the age of 8, a non-member, or no individual record.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SamuelFerguson

Post by SamuelFerguson »

Thank you, as I read your response I realized that at least two of our active Primary kids are not baptized because their father isn't a member and hasn't allowed it yet. I'll check the records to see what I can find for the others. We have some Mom's who come with kids and that may be the same case with some others.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”