Bishop Tithing Declaration Process

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
thehpguy

Bishop Tithing Declaration Process

Post by thehpguy »

I wonder if there is a way/process that the Bishop's can use LDS.org to go in and declare the tithing status of every individual in their ward in the comfort of their own home/device, rather than sit at the church and be in front of the computer where MLS is installed. Will there be a feature of MLS that is ported over to MLS.net (LDS.org) any time in the next year ?

- Chris White
eblood66

Re: Bishop Tithing Declaration Process

Post by eblood66 »

thehpguy wrote:I wonder if there is a way/process that the Bishop's can use LDS.org to go in and declare the tithing status of every individual in their ward in the comfort of their own home/device, rather than sit at the church and be in front of the computer where MLS is installed. Will there be a feature of MLS that is ported over to MLS.net (LDS.org) any time in the next year ?

- Chris White
None of the finance related functions of MLS have been moved to Leader and Clerk Resources. So, no, it isn't possible at this time. Although there have been hints that the financial side of things will be implemented in LCR, nothing definitive has been announced and schedules are almost never announced. But I wouldn't count on it happening in the next year. Given how long it's taken to move much of the membership side over (and that isn't even complete), I think it's unlikely.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

thehpguy wrote:I wonder if there is a way/process that the Bishop's can use LDS.org to go in and declare the tithing status of every individual in their ward in the comfort of their own home/device, rather than sit at the church and be in front of the computer where MLS is installed. Will there be a feature of MLS that is ported over to MLS.net (LDS.org) any time in the next year ?
As eblood66 mentioned, this is not possible at the moment. I have been told many times that it may happen in the future, whenever that is.

Of course, the clerk could provide the bishop with a printout he could mark up in the comfort of his own home, and then the clerk could be the one in front of the MLS computer to enter it in. [smile]
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:Of course, the clerk could provide the bishop with a printout he could mark up in the comfort of his own home, and then the clerk could be the one in front of the MLS computer to enter it in. [smile]
Yep, that's how we always did it.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

My clerk was surprised that I had entered the declarations myself, and reminded me that he could have done it for me. I suppose his intention was to help relieve the burden on my time, but I explained to him that it was quicker for me to tap "n" then "down" repeatedly on the keyboard than to hand write "non-tithe payer" and "bishop" over and over on the declaration form for him.
:)
idjeeper2

Post by idjeeper2 »

My bishop uses "F", "P", or "N" for the status and "M" or "B" for who declared it. I provide him with a declaration report at the beginning of tithing settlement so he fills it in as we go. He tends to write other stuff in the remarks (not confidential) so he always asks for it back when I'm done entering the status.

With all due respect, let your clerk do these kinds of tasks. You have more important things to attend to.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”