disappearing home teaching

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
swillis

disappearing home teaching

Post by swillis »

Our high priest group leader went to input home teaching reports in MLS last night, and discovered that everything had disappeared. There were no districts, no companionships, no family assignments and no past data on visits. He's pretty sharp and could not have accidentally deleted it inadvertently.

Any ideas on what might have happened? Or, more importantly, if there is a way to recover it?

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: disappearing home teaching

Post by russellhltn »

I'd start by asking around the various clerks. MLS has only one data file which includes HT/VT, membership and finance. If something went wild in one of those area, a clerk might have decided under the direction of Local Unit Support to start from scratch.

Membership and Finance restores from CHQ. HT/VT, not so much.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: disappearing home teaching

Post by scgallafent »

I took a quick look through the logs and don't see anything obvious. I looked for a restart from scratch and didn't see one. There was an issue yesterday afternoon where MLS logged some errors. My initial guess is some data corruption during the send/receive process.

Your best bet to recover it is to restore a prior backup. If you go that route, I would start with the year end backup made yesterday afternoon and see what the data looks like in that backup. There was also another local backup made earlier that morning.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”