how can I place a .enb back into my notes?

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
neveroddoreven

how can I place a .enb back into my notes?

Post by neveroddoreven »

I have a .enb file containing my notes from a previous device. is there a way to restore those notes from the .enb?
mevans

Re: how can I place a .enb back into my notes?

Post by mevans »

I believe that's an EverNote export. EverNote is free (http://www.EverNote.com). You can download EverNote and try importing it.

I think .enb may be an older file format for EverNote. EverNote was previously a Windows-only application before they started the cloud sync with apps for many devices. I think the .enb file format may be from several years ago. If that's the case, EverNote for Windows may be the only thing that would open it. Once you get it in EverNote, you can export it in some other formats, although I don't know if it will be in a format you want it. If it is from EverNote and the current EverNote app won't open it, contact EverNote support. They may be able to direct you to a download of an earlier version of EverNote that imports that format.

Of course, other apps could also use the .enb extension and it's not from EverNote. If it's not from EverNote, can you tell us where it came from? There are various translator apps that can read file formats and maybe translate it to another format, such as RTF, MS Word, or HTML.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

neveroddoreven wrote:I have a .enb file containing my notes from a previous device. is there a way to restore those notes from the .enb?
Since you posted this in the Note and Journal section, I'm guessing you're wanting to import this file into the on-line scripture notes. As far as I know, there is no way to import into that system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
neveroddoreven

Post by neveroddoreven »

It's not an Evernote file. I had already tried that. I can open it in wordpad, and it looks like what I thought it was - notes from when I had the scriptures installed from a cd-rom on my computer. I would like to move these to my scriptures online, but I don't know how.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

neveroddoreven wrote:I would like to move these to my scriptures online, but I don't know how.
I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will speak up, but I think the only way to move them is to manually create them one by one - either on-line or in a LDS Tools app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote:
neveroddoreven wrote:I would like to move these to my scriptures online, but I don't know how.
I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will speak up, but I think the only way to move them is to manually create them one by one - either on-line or in a LDS Tools app.
russellhltn is correct: there is no way to import content to the online Notes feature. You need to do it manually.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

According to the Help at https://www.lds.org/help/support/notes- ... t?lang=eng "Backup (XML): A code view of the content. Useful only for backup, restore, and sharing (these features will be later added to Notes and Journal)." No mention of Evernote being able to be imported.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”