Welfare Resources - Ministering Resources

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jokamura

Welfare Resources - Ministering Resources

Post by jokamura »

Under the drop down menu 'Other' in LCR I'm seeing a new category: Welfare Resources, with Ministering Resources as the only option.

We've seen wonky situations with the All Tools section, noted here: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=20257

But is this something coming to the Ward Council? Or is this another case of wonky-ness going on?
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Welfare Resources - Ministering Resources

Post by aebrown »

jokamura wrote:Under the drop down menu 'Other' in LCR I'm seeing a new category: Welfare Resources, with Ministering Resources as the only option.

We've seen wonky situations with the All Tools section, noted here: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=20257

But is this something coming to the Ward Council? Or is this another case of wonky-ness going on?
I don't think this is new -- it's been around for about a year, as I recall. The Ministering Resources were announced in a letter from the First Presidency dated 25 October 2013, and are also available via the shortcut ministering.lds.org. That letter specifically mentioned that these resources would be available via Leader Resources (that was back before Leader Resources and Clerk Resources were merged into a single site).
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

Ahh, so not new and not something coming to the Ward Council members?

Then this is definitely one of those wonky issues. Especially since it's not like my All Tools issue where items come and go. This one seems to be constant.

Maybe the WC will get access eventually.
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Ward Council members do have access to Ministering Resources, since November, according to this article:
https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/11/news ... s?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

Ah this is good to know! I guess they are still working out the permissions as most, if not all of those topics return an "Access Denied" page.

Or perhaps, this is only available to the president.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”