Website administrator

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
wrigjef

Website administrator

Post by wrigjef »

Is the ward website administrator entered in CDOL? Are ward website privileges accessed through leader resources? I was just designated as a ward website administrator so I can enter in lesson schedules for next year. The new position shows up under "ward leaders> technology" but other then that I seen no difference.
wrigjef

Re: Website administrator

Post by wrigjef »

I get an access denied message when I try to access leader tools
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Like most callings, ward website admin is entered via MLS. The LCR Access table doesn't list that calling. Nor would I expect it to since the job is neither a leadership calling nor a clerk calling. Nor does LCR have anything to do with the assignment to enter lesson schedules.

To carry out your task, you need to go into Lesson Schedules and look for a "Administration" link.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

There must be a time delay between being listed as admin in the directory and actually getting the administration button. I was added a few hours ago and now show up as a ward website administrator on the directory but don't yet have any administrator options
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It could be. It may take a day for it to get to sync the admin side of things. Of course we're assuming you were entered as a standard position, not as a custom one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

wrigjef wrote:There must be a time delay between being listed as admin in the directory and actually getting the administration button. I was added a few hours ago and now show up as a ward website administrator on the directory but don't yet have any administrator options
It used to take up to 2 days depending on the timing of the batch process that updates the permissions. But I believe it should be faster now. But I'd still wait at least one day to make sure the batch process has had a chance to run.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

It's a relief to know that a delay is normal. I sure hope I was entered in a standard calling. I did watch the clerk enter me in MLS and he did type in "website administrator" but when I go in the web directory and look under leaders and find myself and the other web administrator, I can click "email all web administrator's" and an email gets addressed to both of us. To me it is an indication that I am indeed linked to the calling the same way the other guy is. Not sure this is correct and I guess he could have also been entered in wrong but I guess we'll see in the next couple of days.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

As russellhltn and eblood66 have mentioned, this is one of those updates that still happen in the middle of the night when all of the computers talk to each other and conspire to make life easier for us. Should take a day. Follow up after the second midnight.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

It has now been two midnights since I was added as a web administrator in MLS and still no administrator button on lesson schedules. I'm guessing the clerk did something wrong when he added me, possibly a custom calling. Can someone help me with the steps I can email him to correct this problem? Also if he is not at the church is there a way for him to do it using leader tools online?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In this case, I'd recommend the clerk run the Custom Position Review tool.

Return to “Main Church Website”