Using HTML tags

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
bdalton

Using HTML tags

Post by bdalton »

When posting a Ward News and Information item, in the Information box I can use some HTML tags to format the text to some extent. I would like to include links to talks in the conference issue of the Ensign along with a schedule of the Teachings For Our Times lesson topics. However, I can't seem to make the "<a href= " tag work properly. Is there a trick here or is that tag not available to ward administrators?

Thanks.
- Brad
opee

Post by opee »

BDalton wrote:When posting a Ward News and Information item, in the Information box I can use some HTML tags to format the text to some extent. I would like to include links to talks in the conference issue of the Ensign along with a schedule of the Teachings For Our Times lesson topics. However, I can't seem to make the "<a href= " tag work properly. Is there a trick here or is that tag not available to ward administrators?

Thanks.
- Brad

I tried that before and was told by Support that you cannot use a hyperlink tag on the LUWS News and Information or on a Calendar Item.
BenJoeM-p40

Post by BenJoeM-p40 »

Also I have tried to use the color red on my website and it instead went Lime Green.
bdalton

Post by bdalton »

I would have preferred to put the links in the Information box. The only alternative I can think of is to add them in a pdf attachment. That seems to work, but it's not quite as user friendly. Thanks for the help.
- Brad
opee

Post by opee »

BDalton wrote:I would have preferred to put the links in the Information box. The only alternative I can think of is to add them in a pdf attachment. That seems to work, but it's not quite as user friendly. Thanks for the help.
- Brad

You can still put the web address in the text, it just won't be a link, but members can cut and paste.
daddy-o-p40

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

We put the hyperlinks in a PDF on the News and Info Section. That does the trick for us.
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson
jfackerson

Post by jfackerson »

Is there any way to enter a "multi word" typeface name?
I'd like to enter something like, <FONT FACE="monotype corsiva"> Text </FONT>.
This results in default typeface. Single word typefaces work OK, e. g. OLDGATELANEOUTLINE, KENDRIC.
Of course if one has their browser set to reject outside colors, typefaces, and marquee, then they will only see default text. They're missing some colorful and moving displays within those Events Calendar and N&I items using sliding marqueee, varied typefaces, colors, etc.
Following partial HTML code is currently being used within an Events Calendar item featuring RS Monday/Friday exercise group activity.
<font face=braddon size=6> Strength Training and </FONT>

<MARQUEE BEHAVIOR=alternate LOOP=3> <FONT FACE=HUNTSON SIZE=7> F l e x i b i l i t y </FONT> </MARQUEE>

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”