Internet Down Need to send Finance Report to SL

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
SamuelFerguson

Internet Down Need to send Finance Report to SL

Post by SamuelFerguson »

I'm a new Branch Clerk. We have not had internet service for two weeks. We have done our donations and mailed them to Salt Lake, but we can not do the send/receive to send the finance report to Salt Lake. I have talked to our Stake Clerk and Facilities know of our problem. My Branch President told me to find out if we need to let Salt Lake know because this is the end of the year. If I need to let someone in Salt Lake know I would appreciate some contact information. Thank you.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Internet Down Need to send Finance Report to SL

Post by lajackson »

You do not need to notify Church headquarters. Just follow up with the FM Group until the problem is solved.

Although the Internet is down, is it possible you can accomplish a send receive over the phone line using a modem? Several of our units are doing that now while we get a replacement modem in place to restore Internet service.

MLS allows for telephone transmission if you have a modem in your computer or a portable USB modem to use.
SamuelFerguson

Post by SamuelFerguson »

Thank you for your quick response, this is the first time I've used this. When we talked to the Stake Clerk today using the phone was apparently not an option for us. I'm not techy enough to know why. My Branch President was most concerned about getting everything to Salt Lake for the end of year.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The Sophos firewall does not allow MLS to connect over a dial-up connection.

My solution was to take the computer to a meetinghouse that had a functional Internet connection. I was able to login to Windows and then to MLS, and then do a send/receive. Then I returned the computer to its home location.

I understand that this solution may not work for everyone, especially if the computer is located in a very remote branch location.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:The Sophos firewall does not allow MLS to connect over a dial-up connection.
What happens? BSOD/Reboot we've discussed elsewhere or something else? Does this still happen on newer (than OptiPlex 740) computers?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Yes, that's it. The computer just locks up tight and I have to power it off. This is on the OptiPlex 740 computers running XP.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”