Problems w/ Restrictions & Locations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rdjamis

Problems w/ Restrictions & Locations

Post by rdjamis »

Hello,

I'm a Stake Executive Secretary & building scheduler (for every building in the stake). I'm trying to create restrictions for each unit for their weekly activity night.

When selecting a building calendar (which sets the location, which is correct), the unit options under "Restrict event scheduling to" are not correct. No matter the building calendar I select, I get the same options for units I can create the restriction for. I'm not sure if it's a coincident, but the units that are available are those for the building I attend in.

Under "Calendars" I've verified that I'm still building scheduler for each building and that each unit is correctly assigned to each building.

This isn't expected behavior, correct? I should be able to select units based on the location, correct? Thanks for the help,

Ryan
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Problems w/ Restrictions & Locations

Post by russellhltn »

Yes, this seems to be a problem for those who are Building Schedulers for more than one building.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rdjamis

Post by rdjamis »

russellhltn wrote:Yes, this seems to be a problem for those who are Building Schedulers for more than one building.
Thanks for the quick response. Is there a work around or plan to address the issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm sure it will be addressed, but I don't know how soon. I don't know of a work around other than removing yourself from all but the building you're working on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rdjamis

Post by rdjamis »

That's what I figured. Thanks again for the information.
hamilali

Post by hamilali »

I've tried taking my name off of all other buildings, as a building scheduler, but it still will not let me schedule events in a building where I do not attend. The buildings appear in the drop-down menu as a possible location, but the events will never save, even though all the fields are complete and there are no error notifications appear at the bottom of the screen.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hamilali wrote:I've tried taking my name off of all other buildings, as a building scheduler, but it still will not let me schedule events in a building where I do not attend. The buildings appear in the drop-down menu as a possible location, but the events will never save, even though all the fields are complete and there are no error notifications appear at the bottom of the screen.
What calendar are you trying to save to?

cfsims

Post by cfsims »

I am having the same problem except that the units that show up in the "Restrict event scheduling to..." field are units that are in the other building in our Stake - not the one that I am trying to set the restriction for.

Return to “Calendar”