Error on login in the app & website

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
arminanton

Error on login in the app & website

Post by arminanton »

Hello!

I don't why but the LDS Tools of my phone just stoped, don't sign in, and it also happens when I try to access the ward or stake directory using the Church's website.

Thanks if someone could help me.

Best Regards,
Armin Anton
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Error on login in the app & website

Post by russellhltn »

arminanton wrote:it also happens when I try to access the ward or stake directory using the Church's website.
What is the error you get trying to log into the directory?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
arminanton

Post by arminanton »

This is the error that appear on the Android app:
Screenshots_2014-12-26-07-51-42.png
Error on App
(181.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
On the website directory, start a loop between the first and second image below and the page never load completely.
Screenshots_2014-12-26-07-53-07.png
Website First Screen
(74.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshots_2014-12-26-07-52-56.png
Website Second Screen
(265.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Thank you in advance for any help I may receive.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

The android error just means the server isn't available at the moment - I think sometimes they take it down for updates or maintenance or something. Give it a while (could be hours, could be a day), and it'll come back.

When I get that error, it's when I try to sync, but I can still access the content (directory, etc.), I just can't sync. So, can you access the already-downloaded stuff, or not even that? Is your LDSTools somehow set to automatically sync when it starts? (Can't see a setting like that, but maybe having a PIN does it - I don't have a PIN, and I'm not someone who has access to extra information, like Bishops and Ward Clerks.)

If it does automatically sync, is there a setting somewhere for that? Do you have a PIN set up? (Please don't tell us your PIN - I know I shouldn't have to say that, and no offense, but sometimes people answer that kind of question by giving the PIN / password.) Do you have a calling that gives you access to extra information?

I don't really know the answer if you can't view LDSTools without the internet and the church's sync server available, but these are the kinds of questions I'd ask to figure it out...

NOTE: If you can use LDSTools without the internet, then after getting this error, you could disconnect from the internet, open LDSTools, and then reconnect to the internet without restarting LDSTools, then it shouldn't try to sync again.

FWIW,

Liz
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to try it on another computer - just to make sure it isn't something with your phone.

However my suspicion is that you need to talk to your ward membership clerk. All of those features requires your record to be in a ward. If for some reason membership record is in limbo, such as being sent to "address unknown" - I'm not sure as you'll get an error message. But it most certainly won't work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”