Wrong information in LDS Tools Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
paul_achuff

Wrong information in LDS Tools Directory

Post by paul_achuff »

I am having problems with LDS Tools. It is showing me in a ward in Toledo Ohio and I am a member of a Stake in Kalispell Montana. How do I fix this?

It is also showing incorrect address and phone number but the correct name and email address.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Wrong information in LDS Tools Directory

Post by russellhltn »

You need to work with your ward membership clerk. It sounds like your records somehow got moved to the Ohio ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

You posted in the Directory forum while you describe an LDS Tools, a mobile application, problem. But before we move the thread we need to see where the problem really exits.

First we need to know where your membership record is. Is it in a unit in the Kalispell? Next, sign into the Directory online at LDS.org. Is the ward displayed there correct? Another thing to check is your LDS Account. Is your birth date and membership record number correct there?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
paul_achuff

Post by paul_achuff »

No...my records have not been moved. Yes the records are in Kalispell. I've signed into the directory at lds.org and the records there are incorrect as well. They also have me listed as being a member of the Toledo Ohio ward.

On my lDS account, my birth date and record number are correct.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

paul_achuff wrote:No...my records have not been moved. Yes the records are in Kalispell.
Have you checked with your ward clerk to see what he has in MLS? While this sounds unnecessary, I have had records pulled by another unit for varying reasons. Yours may have been pulled by mistake.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

paul_achuff wrote:No...my records have not been moved.
I think it's safe to say that if the directory shows you in another ward, then the church headquarters has the record associated with your LDS Account in that ward. There just isn't any other way for that to happen.

The MLS in your ward may or may not be correct. It does fall out of sync with CHQ from time to time.

So the possibilities are (in roughly decreasing order of likelihood):
  • Your membership record is in that ward
  • You have the wrong MRN on your LDS Account (but I'd expect the birth date to be wrong)
  • You have a duplicate membership record that was shipped off to that ward.
Note that your record could have been moved for any number of reasons. Mistakes happen. Perhaps your record was confusingly similar to someone who did move into that ward.

Regardless of the cause or the reason, there is nothing anyone here can help you with. Nor is it something you can fix on your own. It's the membership clerk's job to fix it. If he's having problems figuring it out, he can come here and we'll get him pointed the right way on what he needs to do. Or he can call Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

paul_achuff wrote:No...my records have not been moved. Yes the records are in Kalispell. I've signed into the directory at lds.org and the records there are incorrect as well. They also have me listed as being a member of the Toledo Ohio ward.

On my lDS account, my birth date and record number are correct.
Your records at Church Headquarters moved to the Toledo Ohio ward on Dec 21. You will need to have your clerk re-request your records.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Alternatively, you could move to Toledo Ohio! Sounds like a fun place to live. :) Just joking. Your clerk can pull your records back; but in addition to that you might want to have him talk to the clerk in the Ohio ward to let him know that there was a mixup.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”