sort by position not really sorted?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sasgrw

sort by position not really sorted?

Post by sasgrw »

I went to organizations > relief society and looked at the 'Other Relief Society Callings' list. I clicked on the 'position' column header to sort it, both ascending and descending, but the sorted list doesn't appear to be sorted, or at least it's not sorted alphabetically like I expected it to be.

Is the sorting based on the 'calling order' in MLS? I know I can change the order of that list but the website list doesn't seem to follow that order either. I clicked on the position column in MLS and expected it to match LCR position order but it didn't.

So I'm confused on what sorting by position really means.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: sort by position not really sorted?

Post by scgallafent »

sasgrw wrote:I went to organizations > relief society and looked at the 'Other Relief Society Callings' list. I clicked on the 'position' column header to sort it, both ascending and descending, but the sorted list doesn't appear to be sorted, or at least it's not sorted alphabetically like I expected it to be.

Is the sorting based on the 'calling order' in MLS? I know I can change the order of that list but the website list doesn't seem to follow that order either. I clicked on the position column in MLS and expected it to match LCR position order but it didn't.

So I'm confused on what sorting by position really means.
We've changed the way sorting is handled so that sorting by position on "Other Callings" lists will sort alphabetically. This will occur with (or shortly after) MLS 3.7.4, which is in limited beta right now.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”