Directory is not complete

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
BETidwell

Directory is not complete

Post by BETidwell »

I serve on the High Council in my Stake and after a sync various names are missing from the directory. This is the same on both my iPad and iPhone, all others see the names after they sync.
My iOS is up to date and I have removed the app and reinstalled a couple times but the names are still missing. Any ideas?

Bruce Tidwell
Bet51sm@msn.com
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Directory is not complete

Post by russellhltn »

Who are the "all others"? Odds are that those families have their privacy restricted in the directory. But the stake presidency, ward bishopric executive secretaries, and clerks can still see them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BETidwell

Post by BETidwell »

No that is not the case, my wife can see these people but I can't and so can all the other members. One of them I'm trying to see is our former stake president and one of his counselors. Something is wrong.
BTidwell
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That does sound odd. Please to https://www.lds.org/header and send me the text in a PM. Also if you can list a couple of families that you can't see. I'll send that on to the developers.

But first, go to ldsaccount.lds.org and check that your birthdate is accurate. If not, then you may have the wrong MRN (membership record number) assigned to your account and that's the source of the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Oh, one more thing - can you log into the directory and see what's visible to you there? I want to see if LDS Tools is applying some rules beyond what the directory is imposing.

BETidwell

Post by BETidwell »

I checked my account settings and it displays all the correct information, birth, record #, etc.
When I go the directory in LDS tools, it seems to be showing the directory correctly, starting with the Kaysville Utah Stake followed by the nine wards in the stake. However, when I do a sync it stops the sync at the 75% area of the circle. Usually, it seemed that the arrow would start at the top of the circle and go all the way back to the top, but it only goes to where the 9 would be on the clock. I don't know if that helps....
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BETidwell wrote:However, when I do a sync it stops the sync at the 75% area of the circle. Usually, it seemed that the arrow would start at the top of the circle and go all the way back to the top, but it only goes to where the 9 would be on the clock. I don't know if that helps....
OK, that sounds like some kind of sync problem. I do work with the developers on the lds.org directory but I have no contacts with the LDS Tools folks outside of what is publically visible here. I initially mis-read the issue as being with lds.org, but I see you've posted it in the LDS Tools section. I'd suggest sending a email to LDSToolsSupport@ldschurch.org. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:I initially mis-read the issue as being with lds.org, but I see you've posted it in the LDS Tools section.
The thread was originally in the Directory forum. I moved it here because the discussion was about synching and iOS devices. Synching is only necessary for the directory in LDS Tools and not the LDS.org Directory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
BETidwell

Post by BETidwell »

No, I mentioned lds tools because I thought it my help with finding a solution, if I go to lds.org, sign in and then go to the directory, it won't be complete. I was just saying that it's not complete, missing the same names, in lds tools.
BTidwell
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

BETidwell wrote:No, I mentioned lds tools because I thought it my help with finding a solution, if I go to lds.org, sign in and then go to the directory, it won't be complete. I was just saying that it's not complete, missing the same names, in lds tools.
BTidwell
OK. The thread has been returned to the Directory forum.

You talk about syncing and reinstalling the app. These are terms associated with access to directory information outside a browser and in a mobile device application. It is only adding confusion to any problem you may be encountering in viewing members in the online Directory.

So we need to know how you are viewing Directory information. Is it through a browser? And why do you mention sync? A browser pulls data from Church servers. No syncing is involved. Could you explain what you mean by "after a sync".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”