New Calendar problems on iPad

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cabrooksby

New Calendar problems on iPad

Post by cabrooksby »

Since the new calendar upgrade came out last month, I have tried to update several events using my iPad with not good results. Today's experience was trying to open an event and the next thing I notice is that the event was deleted! No windows popped up, just here one second, and gone the next! Fortunately, I was going to add a note that the event was canceled, but I guess it just being deleted is OK.

The other time attempting to edit via the iPad I had times when the window where you enter event details not wanting to close, not being able to change times of the event in this window (once again, it would just lock up), not being able to select an event to edit it, etc.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have not seen this on my home computer. Older versions of the calender edited just fine via the iPad.
KerryBird

Re: New Calendar problems on iPad

Post by KerryBird »

I have an iPad2 that the calendar has opened and worked fine in the past. Now I can even get it to open.
KerryBird

Post by KerryBird »

I mean I "can't" get it to open....just spend meetings watching it spin, instead of being able to update events as stake clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kerrybird wrote:I mean I "can't" get it to open....just spend meetings watching it spin, instead of being able to update events as stake clerk.
I noticed when I tried it just now that the calendar system is quite slow. As such, it may be just a temporary server issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Sunday is a very busy day for the Calendar servers, especially Sunday afternoon and evening in US time zones. If you try at another time during the week and are successful without a problem, the server or network probably is just slow.

If you try another time and still have the same problem, there actually may be a problem.
kerrybird wrote:I . . . just spend meetings watching it spin, instead of being able to update events as stake clerk.
And this might have something to do with your meetinghouse Internet service.

Return to “Calendar”