Issue updating donation statement

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ShaneTCampbell

Issue updating donation statement

Post by ShaneTCampbell »

With tithing settlement taking place a member found that several donations over the year were in the wife's name and for tax simplicity asked they be put under the husbands name. This was an easy change for all but one week where they had 3 donations for that week. When the change was made for all three donations I checked the tithing statement to verify everything was as they requested and found some of the donations for the week that had three were still in the wife's name. I attempted to make the change a few more times. It seemed the system would only make the change to the last one I set. I also then noted that each time the change was attempted the the amount was subtracted from the wife's donation and added to the husbands on there tithing statement. For the donation statement for that week nothing changed but on the the families tithing statement the husbands donation for that week is over 3 times what it should be and the wife's donation shows a negative for the amount that will correct the two balances. Any way to correcting this or will it require Salt Lake to fix?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Issue updating donation statement

Post by lajackson »

ShaneTCampbell wrote:For the donation statement for that week nothing changed but on the the families tithing statement the husbands donation for that week is over 3 times what it should be and the wife's donation shows a negative for the amount that will correct the two balances. Any way to correcting this or will it require Salt Lake to fix?
From what you have described, I would get right on the phone to Local Unit Support with all the details.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”