Notes / Journal Entry

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

william.enkey

Notes / Journal Entry

Post by william.enkey »

I believe it is wonderful that we have so much of the Gospel material so readily available to us.
I have taken several notes or journal entries on my Android device and on lds.org. However, this feature is not yet available in the Windows 8.1 App. Will it become available? And will it be able to pull from across devices / website to consolidate what one has written?
ToManyLetters

Re: Notes / Journal Entry

Post by ToManyLetters »

william.enkey,

Yes, these features, and many others that are not yet available on Gospel Library for Windows, but are on Gospel Library for iOS and Android will be coming in the future. Like the iOS and Android versions--and like the app does already with highlights and underlines--it will pull from other devices and from LDS.org.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
kslaw23

Post by kslaw23 »

The response to the original post was nearly two years ago. Is there a timeline as to when Notes/Journal will be made available?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

kslaw23 wrote:The response to the original post was nearly two years ago. Is there a timeline as to when Notes/Journal will be made available?
I think you're looking at the wrong date. The response was made just 2 weeks ago.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

As eblood66 pointed out, I believe you're looking at the date I joined tech.lds.org, rather than the date of my response to the original post in this thread--which was about two weeks ago. It would be quite difficult for my post to have been that long ago as public beta for Windows didn't even begin until 1 August 2014--and the first public release was only just over a month ago.

We don't really have 'timelines' for features, as the project is entirely done by volunteers. We've an established feature priority list, but that's about as far as it goes. We're working on reaching feature parity as quickly as we can, but it takes time. The next update to the beta should be quite substantial, however--and will also be quite, quite soon. The ability to add, edit, and delete notes is under development even now, and will almost certainly make the next beta update. Journals and other Notebook features will be coming at a later time.
celloboy77

Post by celloboy77 »

Today I noticed an interesting bug in the note editor. On the Windows app it will allow you to add a note without actually marking the text. I checked online and it looks like it just saves it as the first color choice (yellow) but the note itself on the app shows up without a marking but with the note below.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Surprisingly, this is actually not a bug in the app, but a bug on LDS.org (and iOS). Technically, the application is marking a highlight on the verse, it's just using a clear highlight as it doesn't need to have a (visible) highlight associated with it in order to be present. LDS.org and iOS don't render the clear highlights correctly, and default back to yellow instead of the proper clear "color." Neither Windows nor Android is affected by this issue.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”