Old TV Disposal

Discussions about using TVs, projectors, laptops, tablets, smartphones, DVD Players and other media players in meetinghouses including standards, management, how to connect to them, proper use, and support.
craiggsmith

Old TV Disposal

Post by craiggsmith »

We have some old CRT TVs to get rid of and FM said they don't recycle them and I should take them to DI. Any other experiences out there?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Old TV Disposal

Post by russellhltn »

My local Best Buy will charge $10/screen, but give you a $10 gift card.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

About 3 months ago our FM group had no problem taking our old tube TV's off our hands when we [finally] were able to upgrade our stake center to LCD's. I would think any expenses relating to disposal would be the FM's responsibility, but that's just my opinion.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mikerowaved wrote:I would think any expenses relating to disposal would be the FM's responsibility, but that's just my opinion.
And also any liabilities to the Church to comply with laws regarding recycling.

Staples will accept computer monitors and other computer items at no charge (limit six items per customer per day), but will not accept televisions.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I know FM has taken in old computer equipment. They do like to get a number of items together as it becomes easier for them. I think a handful of items have to be packed, but something like 8-10 they can just call for them to be picked up. Not sure about TVs.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

We do give them our old computers; I think they ought to be responsible for the TVs too.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Here in Oregon you have to recycle them. DI doesn't want them either...
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

FM is responsible for this - don't take the initial NO for an answer - that is how they get away with it.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Rich Media in Lessons and Training”