Seeing another Stake's building scheduling

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
justusmitchells

Seeing another Stake's building scheduling

Post by justusmitchells »

So I sat down with our Stake Building Scheduler to review the new version and she has the SA North Stake activities on her screen and she does not have them as a building on the left to select or deselect. I am not sure why we would see all of the activities at the Stone Oak building.

Our Stake has the Alamo YSA 1st Ward in their Stake's building but that should not allow us to see every activity in that building.

Please advise what we can do to not see their building schedule.
Bro Mitchell
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Seeing another Stake's building scheduling

Post by russellhltn »

I'd start by unchecking everything in the left-hand side to see where those events are coming from. Note that some categories might be collapsed so it's not obvious that something is still checked.

Note that if you have a location checked, you WILL see all activities in that building regardless of what unit is involved.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
justusmitchells

I have a location called Stone Oak. My building scheduler does not. So she does have the option to uncheck it. She can uncheck everything and she still sees the Stone Oak building which is another stake center we don't schedule anything in. She should only see our stake center.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

justusmitchells wrote:She should only see our stake center.
Normally members should be able to see all buildings in their stake, so that part is not accurate.

But if she's unchecked everything and still sees events, that sounds like a bug. Please have her visit lds.org/header, copy the text and send it to me in a PM and I'll pass that on to the developers. But first double-check that there isn't something hidden in a unexpanded section. Everyone should see "Church-wide events". I've not heard of regional calendars, but like ROUS, they may exist.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've forwarded the header on to the developers.

In the meantime, something to try - clear the cookies, or try another browser or computer. The reason I suggest that is the settings are stored in the cookies. Perhaps there's a problem where the cookie says "show the building" but the UI doesn't expose it to allow her to turn it off.

justusmitchells

good thoughts, but tried those things already.
justusmitchells

I have another building scheduler seeing Every activity from another building and no way to uncheck a building not in our stake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've passed along the headers from the first one. The developers are aware of it, but I'm not sure where it is on the fixes.

Return to “Calendar”