Editing calendar events defaults to send email now

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mtwerner

Editing calendar events defaults to send email now

Post by mtwerner »

Earlier today I edited a stake event on the calendar and was surprised to receive an email notification. I wondered how I set off the email, since this has never happened before. Later, I edited another event and another email notification arrived. Upon further checking, it appears that opening an existing event defaults the email notification to "now"--though creating a new event still defaults to "no, thank you." I'm afraid I will have a bunch of stake members annoyed with me now, so be aware when editing events!
rickk

Re: Editing calendar events defaults to send email now

Post by rickk »

Yes - I am seeing the same thing. Please change the default back to not sending notifications since it is too easy to forget to turn it off and then spam the entire ward or stake.
rickk

Post by rickk »

More info - I just spoke with someone who was adding events to a stake calendar and sending out lots of emails, and she said she was turning the notification off. However it was still sending the notifications. If this is the case, then there is a bigger problem than just a change to the default.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

We turned off all email notifications until we fix this next week. Sorry. You should be able to load 2015 events without fear of spamming every one. The default will also be set back to "No thank you"

Return to “Calendar”