Offline Calendar Access

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Offline Calendar Access

Post by lajackson »

Since we can't print, I would like to confirm that my only Calendar export option is to select Sync, create a URL, and then do something with it. The file at the URL will be a text file in iCal format.

Is that basically it?

Other than a lot of nasty print screen captures?
Or duplicating the stake calendar outside of the Online Calendar System with another word processing or spreadsheet program?

The new year is about to start and half our stake does not have access to a practical, usable calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Offline Calendar Access

Post by russellhltn »

What are you trying to print? As far as I've seen, print only has a problem with specific locations - not calendars. Unselecting all locations allows it to work.

Locations can't be synced or otherwise exported, so you're not going to be able to export a location calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The stake calendar that would not print last evening printed today without any problem. I was trying to print the event calendars. I did not have any building calendars or ward calendars selected. I could not even print any single calendar individually.

A member of one of our units emailed this afternoon to say that yesterday he could not print a calendar, but that this afternoon he was able to print the stake calendar by unselecting all of his unit calendars and only leaving the stake calendars selected.

Based on his success, I tried to print the stake calendar and also was successful this afternoon.

I never had any ward calendars selected. I have only been trying to print a composite stake events calendar.

Something has changed, and for the better. Thank you, whoever did it.

Edit: I can only print the current month (the month being displayed). The pdf generates before any selections are made on the option screen, and changing the ending month on the options screen does not take. The currently displayed month always remains, no matter what month I select for the ending month.

So something is still off. The member of one of our units was able to print the whole year. I can only print one month at a time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:The stake calendar that would not print last evening printed today without any problem. I was trying to print the event calendars. I did not have any building calendars or ward calendars selected. I could not even print any single calendar individually.
Sounds like the back-end server that creates PDFs died and was restarted when everyone got to work today.

lajackson wrote:Edit: I can only print the current month (the month being displayed). The pdf generates before any selections are made on the option screen, and changing the ending month on the options screen does not take. The currently displayed month always remains, no matter what month I select for the ending month.
The preview generates automatically and you only see the starting month, but so far I've not had a problem when I click on one of the two buttons on the bottom. I tried the download and after a wait was I rewarded with a 12 page PDF.

On quirk I have seen - on my home machine in IE11, the print window comes up small and can't be resized. The window is so small I have to scroll to get to anything. My work machine is fine.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Would that account for it creating the pdf the moment the print button was pressed, without waiting for input from the selection box?

When I got home this evening, I was able to print the calendar with whatever range I selected. However, the first pdf began creating the moment I pressed the print button. After the one month pdf created, I was able to select a new starting month and a new ending month and a then generate a new preview pdf, which then printed properly.

I am suspicious that I was behind a firewall at work that makes websites go crazy. It seems to work fine from home this evening (for the first time). Especially since the other member was able to do it this afternoon, and I was not from work, but am able to this evening at home.

Computers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When I click print on the main calendar, while the message says "generating PDF", all it gives me is a preview. A PDF reader doesn't come up, nor is any PDF downloaded.

I'm not sure what would cause that kind of behavior.

Return to “Calendar”