Returned Check

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Returned Check

Post by lajackson »

If a check is not honored by the bank, does Church headquarters take care of the returned check through CUBS, or is the local clerk notified and required to cancel the donation?

I have been fortunate to not have this problem since CUBS was implemented, so I have no current experience with this.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Returned Check

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:If a check is not honored by the bank, does Church headquarters take care of the returned check through CUBS, or is the local clerk notified and required to cancel the donation?

I have been fortunate to not have this problem since CUBS was implemented, so I have no current experience with this.
According to the Returned donor checks section of the CUBS notice sent in May 2010, it's taken care of by CHQ.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think that would be dependent on CHQ matching the donation with the returned check. Probably not hard under most situations, but maybe not all.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:I think that would be dependent on CHQ matching the donation with the returned check. Probably not hard under most situations, but maybe not all.
The document I linked to does mention the possibility that if there are multiple donation instruments, the CHQ adjustment might not be done correctly and the clerk will have to fix it.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

aebrown wrote:According to the Returned donor checks section of the CUBS notice sent in May 2010, it's taken care of by CHQ.
Thanks. They won't have any problem finding the right donation for this one.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”