HT Records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lhblair

HT Records

Post by lhblair »

A strange thing is happening in our HT statistics. When we go to our "Households Being Home Taught" report, both the High Priests and Elders reports list a number of households as"Name Unknown."The first and middle names are shown so I compared these with the list of members who have moved and in every case of the "Name Unknown" households, their records have been moved out. Most of the moves occurred months ago.

Strangely, however, not every family that has moved is included in the HT reports. The criteria for inclusion seems to be arbitrary. Today I moved a family to another unit and when I checked the HT report, each family member is individually listed as a household "Name Unknown" on both the HP and Elders reports. This phenomena is not occurring on the same VT report.

I can't find a way to remove these individuals from the report so our HT statistics are being skewed. In the Elder's report, 20 percent of the households listed have had their records moved. In addition to that anomaly, the names are being duplicated on both reports so it compounds the error.

What could cause this to occur, and how can it be corrected?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lblair wrote:A strange thing is happening in our HT statistics. When we go to our "Households Being Home Taught" report, both the High Priests and Elders reports list a number of households as"Name Unknown."The first and middle names are shown so I compared these with the list of members who have moved and in every case of the "Name Unknown" households, their records have been moved out. Most of the moves occurred months ago.

Strangely, however, not every family that has moved is included in the HT reports. The criteria for inclusion seems to be arbitrary. Today I moved a family to another unit and when I checked the HT report, each family member is individually listed as a household "Name Unknown" on both the HP and Elders reports. This phenomena is not occurring on the same VT report.

I can't find a way to remove these individuals from the report so our HT statistics are being skewed. In the Elder's report, 20 percent of the households listed have had their records moved. In addition to that anomaly, the names are being duplicated on both reports so it compounds the error.

What could cause this to occur, and how can it be corrected?

See this thread for a good solution.

In the future, you are always welcome to post questions. Please don't think that there is any problem at all with this. But you might save yourself some time if you search the forums (for "name unknown" in this case) -- there is a thread with that actual name. There are many questions and answers already posted on the forum. Just a thought....
lhblair

Household Records

Post by lhblair »

The recommended link was very helpful in getting folks with "Name Unknown" removed from the Household HT report with the exception of one. When I clicked on the "Name Unknown" instead of giving me an option to delete, it took me to an individual record.

The record is that of a 14 yr. old boy but does not list his surname. The record shows his family and their surnames and lists his father as the head of household. When I go to his individual record, it also shows his father as the head of household. His father's individual record also shows himself as the head of household. Consequently, I am unable to delete what appears to be a corrupted household record.

Is there another way to approach this problem?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lblair wrote:The recommended link was very helpful in getting folks with "Name Unknown" removed from the Household HT report with the exception of one. When I clicked on the "Name Unknown" instead of giving me an option to delete, it took me to an individual record.

The record is that of a 14 yr. old boy but does not list his surname. The record shows his family and their surnames and lists his father as the head of household. When I go to his individual record, it also shows his father as the head of household. His father's individual record also shows himself as the head of household. Consequently, I am unable to delete what appears to be a corrupted household record.

Is there another way to approach this problem?
The database does seem to be in a bad state. One thing that can help with certain database problems is to do a backup and then immediately restore that backup. This forces the rebuilding of all the database indexes. It could be that after the restore, you will be able to do something with that boy's record.

Other than that, I am out of ideas. Unless someone else posts a helpful suggestion, I would think your next step is to call Clerk Support. I know that for certain database problems, Clerk Support has the ability to set certain flags in your MLS system so that your database will be transmitted to them, and then they can analyze the problem and send a database patch down through the MLS system.

Return to “Membership Help”