Only partial directory?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jdsrbe

Only partial directory?

Post by jdsrbe »

I am currently serving as the High Priest Group Leader in the ward. When I look at the online member directory of the ward I only see a small portion (approx. 15%) of the members. First I thought there are only membery with callings but I finaly figured that there is no common element among the ones that show up. Its a mixture of active and less active members - with and w/o a calling.
The same limit also applies to using the directory on my mobile phone (Samsung) app.
Who can help?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Only partial directory?

Post by russellhltn »

I'm guessing you're in the UK. In some countries, most notably Europe, being listed in the direction is on a "opt-in" basis. This is due to the strict privacy laws in those countries. The only "fix" is to have the privacy settings changed for those members - but of course that has to either be done by the member or with their permission.

I'd suggest you use the Leader and Clerk Resource (LCR) website. I think that will give you more information for your position.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrphilmont

Post by mrphilmont »

I have the same problem....except I have no idea how many families are missing. I don't get some of the names on the tablets (LDS Tools on a Samsung) AND I am missing the same names when I go through the computer and the LDS site. I've synced several times on the tablets (2) and still get the same missing names....My friend has an ipad and no missing names. The names seemed to have dropped when I updated the version of LDS Tools BUT that doesn't explain the missing names on the LDS site.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mrphilmont wrote:My friend has an ipad and no missing names.
What calling does your friend have? If it's the Bishopric, Councilor, Executive Secretary, clerk or equivalent callings in the stake, that's why they can see all.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrphilmont

Post by mrphilmont »

Nothing to do with seeing all. As an example, our YM pres is no longer in the directory or callings lists..everyone else s there........he is still on other peoples tablets...not ours.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mrphilmont wrote:Nothing to do with seeing all. As an example, our YM pres is no longer in the directory or callings lists..everyone else s there........he is still on other peoples tablets...not ours.
The clerk needs to check on what's going on. Either his record has been made private and he's been released from the calling or his records somehow got moved out of the ward.

It's possible the other people still have it because they don't have a recent sync.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”