Church FTP Media Server

Discussions about using TVs, projectors, laptops, tablets, smartphones, DVD Players and other media players in meetinghouses including standards, management, how to connect to them, proper use, and support.
eanderson

Church FTP Media Server

Post by eanderson »

Does anyone know if there is a server to download videos from the church? It would be really nice to be able to rsync to get newly publish media.

If not has anyone created such a collection. I would be a shame for each of us to create a media collection by going to the website for each video.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Church FTP Media Server

Post by russellhltn »

eanderson wrote:If not has anyone created such a collection. I would be a shame for each of us to create a media collection by going to the website for each video.
The problem is the legal ability to redistribute the content. Without church permission, that's a copyright violation.

But there are ways that members have made it eaiser. I'd suggest reading USB Flash setup for Come Follow Me videos on Roku Player.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Unfortunately the solution that was tested this year, developed internally by the Church, will not apparently be available for next year as well. This is pretty sad.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
rknelson

Post by rknelson »

eanderson wrote:It would be really nice to be able to rsync to get newly publish media.
USB Video Manager is a free tool referenced in the post above that downloads an entire library to your computer with one click. As new videos are added to the library (which users update about once a quarter) re-downloading will only download the new files. It currently includes libraries for over 2500 different videos from lds.org.
dwariner

Post by dwariner »

Another tool is the Meetinghouse Library. For details and discussion, see this topic: Meetinghouse Library Project.
Last edited by aebrown on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link to topic

Return to “Rich Media in Lessons and Training”