Other language to follow your progress

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
anthonytietjen

Other language to follow your progress

Post by anthonytietjen »

I would like to submit an idea:

I served in Brazil and once in awhile I like to read the scriptures in Portuguese. I run across words that I don't know so I like to just switch to the English version to see what it means.

The idea I would like to submit is to have a way to quickly toggle between languages for a given verse, rather than having to load up the other language, choose the book, chapter and verse manually. This would make it so you could easily just pull up the same exact verse in another language. It could either be a quick toggle or it could just pull up that verse in the other language within a popup.

Not only would it be nice for me personally, but I assume that the missionaries who are now getting iPads could benefit from being able to quickly do this same thing when they are not sure what a given word means in another language.

Thoughts?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Other language to follow your progress

Post by sbradshaw »

The easiest thing you can do currently is find the "?lang=eng" parameter in the web page's URL, and change it to "?lang=por".

I would love it if a developer made a simple browser plug-in to switch LDS.org pages' languages with a drop-down menu.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
anthonytietjen

Post by anthonytietjen »

I was thinking about the mobile app, but yeah a browser plugin for desktop would also help desktop users.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Oh, yes – I should've paid attention to what forum you were posting in. :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”