Gospel Library and/or B of M for Mac app store?

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
alexmatheson

Gospel Library and/or B of M for Mac app store?

Post by alexmatheson »

Any plans for Gospel Library and/or B of M app for Mac app store?

Would LOVE to see that happen.

I know how to use a Mac & prefer to, but not an Ipad.

Would also LOVE to see a stand alone ASL Gospel Library and/or ASL Book of Mormon app for Mac and/or Ipad devices. I know video files take up more space.

Would prefer if it were in Adobe Flash player or Java.

I am a highly manual-visual learner. I learn best via audio w/CC and/or ASL.

Mac

Pros:

USB/HDMI ports can be connected to TV's ( good for those who cannot look at computer screen long)
Storage
Separate power port
Tiltable screen

Ipad

Con:

Only one port
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel Library and/or B of M for Mac app store?

Post by russellhltn »

Unless you count Gospel Library 200x the church hasn't created Gospel Library for any desktop system. Windows 8 gets a free pass because it's the same OS that runs on tablets. There is currently nothing for Windows 7 users, unless they run a Android emulator.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jimbowden

Gospel Library for MacOS

Post by jimbowden »

Gospel Library for iOS is great. I use it on both my iPhone and iPad. Isn't is time to port to MacOS. I often prepare my Seminary Lesson on my iMac or my MacBook Air. I do use the scriptures on LDS.org, but it just not the same. Being able to sync markings, notes and tag would be wonderful.

I see that there is a version of Gospel Library for Windows 8. Those of us with Macs would love to have the same capabilities.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

See the second post in this thread for a response.

[Moderator note: The previous post was merged with this thread that discusses the same topic.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mathesonh

Post by mathesonh »

Yes a Mac version of Gospel Library would be really helpful. The scriptures at lds.org don't have all the same features and aren't available when offline (while traveling or in places with slow/no internet access). Hope a Mac OS version is in the works.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Your best bet is to get a Android emulator for the mac. I have no reason to believe that a GL is in the works for Mac (or Windows 7).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Gospel Library”