List order for Calendars within an Event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dcefros

List order for Calendars within an Event

Post by dcefros »

sample of issues
sample of issues
1.jpg (41.69 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
Since the update a week ago:

Within an event the Select a Calendar list is not in alpha order, which makes it confusing to find a calendar.

Also, although ampersands work fine when naming calendars on the creation/edit page, within an event in the Select a Calendar list they display with & instead of simply an &. This is something that changed with the update.

Attached is an example of how these are being displayed.
btphelps

Non-alphabetical list of calendars for new event

Post by btphelps »

When I create a new event and I want to select a calendar to attach the event to, the list of calendars is not displayed in any logical order. I assumed that the calendars would be listed in alphabetical order. I cannot see any sense to the current list.

Compounding the challenge of finding the right calendar, the calendar drop-down UI widget is somewhat temperamental. The scroll bar slides calendar names past so quickly it's difficult to identify and choose the correct one. Some of our wards have more than a dozen calendars -- which we're advising them to consolidate -- but meanwhile the only way I can effectively use the scroll bar is to repeatedly click on it with a mouse, one calendar at a time. Very poor usability.

It'd help if the calendar drop-down widget had a little more "friction" and as you click on the scroll bar for the calendars, if the bottom-most one slid to the top of the visible list of calendars, instead of off the list, because now there's no way to anchor where I am in the list because my current view of the list of calendars completely changes each click. This is rather wordy but I hope helpful.

@LDS_calendar_team, can you address this?

Brian Phelps
Stake Web / Calendar Admin
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: List order for Calendars within an Event

Post by CrockettDR »

I believe the original problem described in this thread (alpha order) and the &amp problem has been fixed in the release today. Try it.
dcefros

Re: List order for Calendars within an Event

Post by dcefros »

As of this moment, the alpha order is still random, and the &amp still appears

Return to “Calendar”