Trouble logging into FIR

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Trouble logging into FIR

Post by lajackson »

Our stake PFR began having trouble getting into the FIR system this week. I checked his calling in MLS and CDOL (standard/appropriate/should be authorized).

He gets the initial screen, clicks Continue, and gets a screen that says No such Organization found. In the process of getting screen captures for me, he found that if he hits the back button and tries again, it usually works.

[Edit: On the No such Organization screen there is a link to Return to Login page. He consistently is able to click on that link to get to the actual login page and can log in.]

He can log in from his phone, but that is very tedious for him. He says the site gives him error messages all the time but he works around them. And half the time it appears in Spanish.

I asked him to check that cookies are allowed. I asked him to let me know what browser he is using. [Edit: Firefox. Last year when we went to the FIR system, he was never able to make IE work, so he began using FF and has not had a problem logging in until now.]

It sounds as if there are issues with the site, but that part of the problem may be a browser incompatibility. The No such Organization found at the second screen is a new problem for him, and he has been able to access the site in the past without this new wrinkle.

[Edit: Could the issue be browser speed? Is the landing page Continue link presenting itself before the actual link is loaded, and since he is familiar with the site, he clicks Continue before the page is ready to properly handle the request? I regularly have this problem with other Church sites.]

I am open to suggestions.

And the spelling error mentioned by the OP is still there at the first page.
pete.arnett

Re: Trouble logging into FIR

Post by pete.arnett »

Just used FIR and it is working on a Windows 7 desktop using Firefox and on an Android tablet using Chrome

Suggest you verify browser versions

Browser versions used:
Windows 7 Firefox version 34.0.5
Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Chrome version 39.0.2171.93
ChuckGates

Re: Trouble logging into FIR

Post by ChuckGates »

I believe this is a problem with your cookies. I frequently get the same error message on lds.org [you can see a screenshot of the ForgeRock error in the thread entitled "Issue Loading Login Page using iPad and Safari" at https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 60#p136360

After reaching it again just now, I found these threads, which made me try deleting all of my lds.org cookies. After I did so, I could log-in just fine.

Return to “Main Church Website”